Posts by NinaDuran

a little bit more disappointed by EXO, just because their latest previous comeback had been in 2019, and this also marks the return of Xiumin, D.O and Lay, but it's also the last project featuring Baekhyun and Chanyeol before military service... so I was expecting something a little more hard hitting and memorable?

whereas with BTS, I understand permission to dance is a bonus track on the butter cd single... so I didn't have such high expectations to begin with?

both songs are ok, and they are fine additions to a summer playlist, they just don't stand out as neither of each groups best songs, to me.

Pop music in general has always had meaningless lyrics. Check out a docuseries called This is Pop on Netflix. They have an episode that analyses why Sweden has been a global force in exporting pop music, and it reminded me a lot of K-Pop. The reasons are basically the same. Government incentive. Focus on catchy melodies. And simple lyrics that anyone can memorize and sing even If they don't speak perfect English, which works just fine because most people in the world speak English as a SECOND language. So you can't have complicated concepts, you have to keep your lyrics simple even if that makes them meaningless. "Baby, one more time" means nothing. Which way did the Backstreet Boys want what in"I want it that way"? What does The Weekend mean by "Can't feel my face when I'm with you". What is this Bad Romance that Lady Gaga claims she wants? She sang "I want your horror, I want your design"and "I want your disease" I mean, if she wasn't american this would be cringey lyrics, because you'd assume it's broken english, but because you know she speaks perfect English, you assume it's just poetic licence. You can listen Duran Duran go on and on about what "The Reflex" is, and you wouldn't be any wiser. What does it mean to be gone in an "MMM Bop ba duba dop"? Blur never had an international hit until they wrote Song 2, better known as the woohoo song. What the hell is Tutti frutti, oh rootie A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom? Bottom line is: there have always bean gibberish lyrics in pop music since forever, and that never stoped them (in fact they might've helped them) becoming hits.

reminder to kpoppies

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

There is a difference though. their Japanese songs are usually versions of their Korean songs. And even when it's an original Japanese song, they seem to be more involved in writing it and producing it themselves, they don't hire a huge team of Japanese producers and artists to provide them with an almost finished product where BTS just comes in to add the finishing touches. That's what I think people mean by "paint by numbers song". Personally, I like their "westernised" songs as well, but I think you can defiantly tell there is a difference to their sound post Dynamite, it's closer to generic pop, so it's understandable that not every fan of the early BTS, which was more unique, will enjoy this new direction. HYBE is probably aware of that, and just decided they don't care if they alienate some old fans, cause they have more to win than to lose with this internationalisation anyways.

oh, I love both songs. nice to hear them combined.

not only the sounds match, but the concepts also go well together. we have a boy who is an anti-romantic and that gets a girl feeling like a psycho, see? it's clever.

well, k-pop being global only raises the bar for idols. if there are more fans worldwide, then you need to achieve higher numbers to be considered a success. and if you fail, it looks like you fail harder too, because your failure will be compared against groups that were internationally successful, with massive records to show for that.

I think you're getting ahead of yourselves and the promo for Permission to Dance will begin oficially after July 9th, after the release of the Butter Peaches/Cream single. The photos you have been using as a promo for Permission to Dance is actually still part of the Butter promotion. The color scheme is the same as the Butter single album (yellow + orange). There will probably be another photoshoot for Permission to Dance.