Posts by anthagio

It is tone deaf considering what's been happening, but my god, will BTS fans please stop co-opting social justice movements for the sole purpose of defending their faves? This is what this comic/illustrator does. They are depicted the way they are because they lost the Grammy.

Here's another illustration they've done. Can you believe they've depicted a white woman like this? It's racism!

ARTGPK-POS-20GPK1-1012-S.png

Give me a break. Stop with the faux outrage. Just be honest and say you're upset because someone is depicting BTS in a negative light, not because you care about racism.

They balantly used them for veiws, They kept repeating "BTS is next" to make people wait and were trying to promote the other artist's USING bts and army. They also kept on using the hype BTS had, the keyword BTS, they had MORE hype than ANY other artist performing that night, yet what did they do? they snubbed them in the most obvious way possible, not to mention the entire panel was filled with big bellyed racist old af men. but will it change? no I don't think so, scammy's have been doing this for a while now, use them for clout then snub them, the only artist that has a chance is if you're taylor or white. F scammy's.

This is just insane. They do that to EVERY big-name artist. They kept saying Taylor Swift was performing. Why aren't you upset about that? They didn't use BTS to promote other artists?? What??

The voting committee is comprised of over 12,000 people. All of them are "big bellyed racist af old men"? Beyonce is a voter. Rihanna is a voter. Bruno Mars is a voter. Lady Gaga is a voter. The Grammys are not decided by "old, white men" in a boardroom, they're decided by people in the music industry who make music. They are quite literally decided by peers. "Voting Membership is for performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, instrumentalists, and other creators currently working in the recording industry." BTS' peers didn't think they deserved the award.

Saying you only have a chance if you're white is completely discounting the dozens of black and brown people who won Sunday night. Beyonce became the most awarded artist in Grammys history. Why are you ignoring her and downplaying her achievement? That is very racist of you. HER, Beyonce, and Meghan the Stallion all made history that night with their wins. The Grammys aren't racist just because one boyband lost to two Grammy Award-winning vocal powerhouses. Get over yourselves.

I have other guess the reason why Granny treated BTS awfully, it's not only about race but also more about MONEY.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, most BTS's money gained goes to BH in Korea, only small part goes to US music industry. This kind of situation may make the people in granny who mostly coming from US music industry are not happy and reluctant to give proper position (award) to BTS as and artist in their own home market.

Maybe situation will change to the better for the artist coming from US-BH company in future, of course if it produces artists as good as BTS.

This doesn't make any sense. Every year the Grammys award trophies to dozens of artists who don't bring in a lot of money for the US music industry. Many international artists won this year lol.

It's time to accept the fact that BTS lost because of one very specific reason: They were up against Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande in a category that focuses on VOCAL PERFORMANCE. Gaga and Ariana are well-respected vocal powerhouses and that category was theirs to lose. There is no hidden agenda. There is no nefarious plot to take down BTS. That is insane and delusional.

Does racism play a part in entertainment industry? OF COURSE, but racism is not why BTS lost. They would've also lost to Beyonce had she been the one nominated.

This idea that the Grammys "used BTS" for clout. The Grammys don't need clout. Do you guys know what clout even is? The Grammys are the biggest award in the music industry, they are the pinnacle of prestige to every musician around the world. They don't need clout.

What they do need, and what they wanted, are ratings. They used BTS for ratings, but they also use western artists all the time. They used Lady Gaga in 2019 (or 2020, I can't remember) when 'Shallow' was nominated. They've used Beyonce for ratings. They've used Adele for ratings. BTS wasn't singled out in a nasty way. That's what they do.

Just stop trying to justify why they lost and trying to make their loss into something it's not. They lost because they didn't deserve to win against Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande. Simple.