Grammys continue to face criticism over their treatment of BTS. Will this result in any change?

• They balantly used them for veiws, They kept repeating "BTS is next" to make people wait and were trying to promote the other artist's USING bts and army. They also kept on using the hype BTS had, the keyword BTS, they had MORE hype than ANY other artist performing that night, yet what did they do? they snubbed them in the most obvious way possible, not to mention the entire panel was filled with big bellyed racist old af men. but will it change? no I don't think so, scammy's have been doing this for a while now, use them for clout then snub them, the only artist that has a chance is if you're taylor or white. F scammy's.

~Blood stain on my shirt new bitch on my nerves~

• I have other guess the reason why Granny treated BTS awfully, it's not only about race but also more about MONEY.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, most BTS's money gained goes to BH in Korea, only small part goes to US music industry. This kind of situation may make the people in granny who mostly coming from US music industry are not happy and reluctant to give proper position (award) to BTS as and artist in their own home market.

Maybe situation will change to the better for the artist coming from US-BH company in future, of course if it produces artists as good as BTS.

They have a US distributor and label, which make BANK everytime BTS releases anything. So it's not like the US industry is unaffected.

The fact is, Grammys don't like boy bands. Doesn't matter what music they produce, how quality their performances are, etc. Grammys just doesn't like boy bands. Backstreet, Nsync, One Direction, those never won either. No Grammys for any of them, despite being some of the most historic acts in music and breaking all kinds of records. If BTS had won, it would have been historic on a number of levels.

• I have other guess the reason why Granny treated BTS awfully, it's not only about race but also more about MONEY.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, most BTS's money gained goes to BH in Korea, only small part goes to US music industry. This kind of situation may make the people in granny who mostly coming from US music industry are not happy and reluctant to give proper position (award) to BTS as and artist in their own home market.

Maybe situation will change to the better for the artist coming from US-BH company in future, of course if it produces artists as good as BTS.

This doesn't make any sense. Every year the Grammys award trophies to dozens of artists who don't bring in a lot of money for the US music industry. Many international artists won this year lol.

It's time to accept the fact that BTS lost because of one very specific reason: They were up against Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande in a category that focuses on VOCAL PERFORMANCE. Gaga and Ariana are well-respected vocal powerhouses and that category was theirs to lose. There is no hidden agenda. There is no nefarious plot to take down BTS. That is insane and delusional.

Does racism play a part in entertainment industry? OF COURSE, but racism is not why BTS lost. They would've also lost to Beyonce had she been the one nominated.

This idea that the Grammys "used BTS" for clout. The Grammys don't need clout. Do you guys know what clout even is? The Grammys are the biggest award in the music industry, they are the pinnacle of prestige to every musician around the world. They don't need clout.

What they do need, and what they wanted, are ratings. They used BTS for ratings, but they also use western artists all the time. They used Lady Gaga in 2019 (or 2020, I can't remember) when 'Shallow' was nominated. They've used Beyonce for ratings. They've used Adele for ratings. BTS wasn't singled out in a nasty way. That's what they do.

Just stop trying to justify why they lost and trying to make their loss into something it's not. They lost because they didn't deserve to win against Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande. Simple.

• They balantly used them for veiws, They kept repeating "BTS is next" to make people wait and were trying to promote the other artist's USING bts and army. They also kept on using the hype BTS had, the keyword BTS, they had MORE hype than ANY other artist performing that night, yet what did they do? they snubbed them in the most obvious way possible, not to mention the entire panel was filled with big bellyed racist old af men. but will it change? no I don't think so, scammy's have been doing this for a while now, use them for clout then snub them, the only artist that has a chance is if you're taylor or white. F scammy's.

This is just insane. They do that to EVERY big-name artist. They kept saying Taylor Swift was performing. Why aren't you upset about that? They didn't use BTS to promote other artists?? What??

The voting committee is comprised of over 12,000 people. All of them are "big bellyed racist af old men"? Beyonce is a voter. Rihanna is a voter. Bruno Mars is a voter. Lady Gaga is a voter. The Grammys are not decided by "old, white men" in a boardroom, they're decided by people in the music industry who make music. They are quite literally decided by peers. "Voting Membership is for performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, instrumentalists, and other creators currently working in the recording industry." BTS' peers didn't think they deserved the award.

Saying you only have a chance if you're white is completely discounting the dozens of black and brown people who won Sunday night. Beyonce became the most awarded artist in Grammys history. Why are you ignoring her and downplaying her achievement? That is very racist of you. HER, Beyonce, and Meghan the Stallion all made history that night with their wins. The Grammys aren't racist just because one boyband lost to two Grammy Award-winning vocal powerhouses. Get over yourselves.

• This is just insane. They do that to EVERY big-name artist. They kept saying Taylor Swift was performing. Why aren't you upset about that? They didn't use BTS to promote other artists?? What??

The voting committee is comprised of over 12,000 people. All of them are "big bellyed racist af old men"? Beyonce is a voter. Rihanna is a voter. Bruno Mars is a voter. Lady Gaga is a voter. The Grammys are not decided by "old, white men" in a boardroom, they're decided by people in the music industry who make music. They are quite literally decided by peers. "Voting Membership is for performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, instrumentalists, and other creators currently working in the recording industry." BTS' peers didn't think they deserved the award.

Saying you only have a chance if you're white is completely discounting the dozens of black and brown people who won Sunday night. Beyonce became the most awarded artist in Grammys history. Why are you ignoring her and downplaying her achievement? That is very racist of you. HER, Beyonce, and Meghan the Stallion all made history that night with their wins. The Grammys aren't racist just because one boyband lost to two Grammy Award-winning vocal powerhouses. Get over yourselves.

This dumb logic. Then I guess it was beyonce Rihanna and gaga that snubbed the weeknd and not some snotty old man!

And you clearly didn’t watch the show cos it was only BTS name that was baited from pre show to main show from 3 hours till end.

• do you know how many artist have been snubbed or didnt win that should have won or been nominated in all the years the Grammys has been around, alot. This is nothing new, alot of artist have complained about the Grammys for decades, bts isnt the exception here. Will they change, nope, they certainly wont for kpop.

• It was a performance category, not a vocal one. That point's out the window.

And when the grammys viewership keeps falling every year, they do need an incentive for people to watch. Otherwise how will they pay the advertisement companies?

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• If you noticed, almost all media outlets are focused on BTS. They only spoke between the lines The Weeknd and the injustices made to him. I haven't seen a news site using him as the main headline. What is the reason? Because BTS means clicks. Where are those deep sensibilities when it comes to Weeknd? Thanks to BTS, the Grammy not only got away with much lower ratings, made money by getting a ton of ads, and indirectly kept the Weeknd off the headlines. I don't think anything will change when the Grammy is the winner here.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• This is just insane. They do that to EVERY big-name artist. They kept saying Taylor Swift was performing. Why aren't you upset about that? They didn't use BTS to promote other artists?? What??

taylor swift and bts don't have the same status in the us. taylor swift is a household name, she's been active for years; bts has just had their first hit single in the us and isn't at the point where taylor is. and yet, bts was left for last. why? cbs and ra know that anything bts related gives you clout, clicks, and views and they did their best to get them. they semi-succeeded. more people (read: armys) watched the pre-show than the actual show.

the thing that pissed me off. cbs and ra knew bts didn't win but kept sending them hints like they did. they even let them wake up at 2am korean time just to experience their dreams being shattered in real time. ariana, gaga, and kanye didn't show up, they could have skipped it too. let's give them hope and then take it. ra must really hate them.

drake, eminem, kanye, frank ocean, the weeknd, and zayn have spoken against the grammys; even their ex-ceo accused ra of being corrupt and sexist. congrats to your faves but you already forgot what happened to the weeknd; he must have pissed off someone really important, he couldn't even get a single nomination.

the grammys should be boycotted, and when i say boycotted i mean to stop giving them attention.

• nope, don't think. Grammy is boring anyways. First time I watched because of BTS

I forgot just how much of a snooze fest the Grammys are. I remember the millions of commercials more clearly that the performances or winners. This is why the AMA, Billboard, and even MTV were more popular. The artists have way more fun and are allowed more creativity in those awards shows. Is it really surprising that old white men don't know how to have fun. They are more likely to yell at you to get off their lawn.

• lol...army think the grammys treated BTS horribly because they didn't hand them a win when you have the Weeknd not even getting a nomination for Blinding Lights.

• WoW and GREAT! :love:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!