Posts by giskard

I like the ones that can actually contribute something interesting, like this guy and his guest K-pop vocal coach who worked for a while at YG.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wonder about this also. "4th" gen starting a mere 4 years after 3rd when apparently it took 8 years for 2nd to release to 3rd. It seems like "4th" gen groups may be miscatagorized. In truth the whole "generation" thing seems rather arbitrary, considering groups have been coming and going the entire time. If the generations are divided based on "culture shifts" of some sort, then it would seem too early to decide when 4th gen culture shift takes hold, or maybe it hasn't yet.

I'd love to see her go hard like Moonbyul did with Eclipse.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I think releasing two guitar driven ballady songs would have been the expected thing.

I like OTG because it added a twist I didn't expect, but I think it works.

If they would have done an EP at least in the style represented by Gone and OTG it would have been Epic. Missed opportunity YG.

agree to this lol.

when you say "armys" you mean "every fandom". western fandoms aren't any better, they just pretend they are woke.

not everyone is like that; bts has over 30 million followers on twitter, i can assure you not everything is like that. also, i'm out of the loop, i have no idea who sent death threats to whom

absolutely, too many Stans of any artists are psychotic idiots supporting their artists.

The particular example is Army because some of them are the ones best exemplifying the worst behavior right this moment.

Obviously not all fans are like that. In fact the vast majority of fans aren't, but the worst ones make everyone and the entire pop industry look bad.

The artists themselves hate it also. I really wish more artists would call their fans out on this stuff.

Army's yelling "racism" while throwing sexist mysogynistic crap around.

There is a difference between "supporting your artist" and "being psychotic."

BTS would never approve of the way these people are acting.

The fact is that stan wars negatively effect the pop industry. Both the perception of pop fans, the actual mental health of artists and management that get targeted, and the industry itself because rather than being overall supportive and supporting multiple artists these insane stans attack others instead.

The industry would be much healthier if stan attacks would stop. It's a disease that needs eradicated.

Sure, be a super fan in supporting your artists... but don't be a "Stan" in the original Eminem meaning, of a psychotic overly attached fan.

I think most kpop fans are success stans otherwise you won’t see the fandoms collectively compete for album sales, streams etc. It gets weird when individuals act like it’s their personal achievements and they are better than other groups and their fans. You can find some here

to me it's a sign of some kind of massive self-image problem with online pop fans that they attach their own self-image to a pop star they like, so much so that they fight about it all the time, send death threats to artists or management, etc. It's a sickness.

I'll never understand why pop fans allow commercial metrics to determine how they approach an artist or their work.

This attitude is even poisoning some people towards Rosies single also on this site. Instead of focusing on the great things Rose has achieved with her first release, people are worried about what she might not achieve instead.

It's only hardcore online pop communities that have developed this stupid mentality of validating by commercial success, as if music is a sports league. It's like anti-hipsterism... everybody wants to be part of the winning team.

Meanwhile, nobody in the GP is sitting around going "I was going to listen to this song, but I noticed it didn't win enough music awards so I guess I can't"

And certainly no actual fans of an artist care. Either enjoy the artists output, or don't. Using success metrics as ammo against other online fanbases is a stupid practice, and allowing them to effect your own attitude towards an artist is even dumber.