Posts by WhimsyLand

I remember back when people were still debating the validity of Jennie's bullying claims, there were people who said 'even if she is a bully, I'd have let her bully me' or 'the victim should've been honored Jennie chose to bully her'.

Ofc, Jennie's case wasn't true, but the attitude of these people was really sickening because it sounded 100% like they meant it.

A company is not a charity. Wooseok and Jinhyuk's fans have made it clear that they won't support them monetarily if they return to Up10tion. If the company wants to make money, they need to listen to them.

I mean, look at what happened to Wei. The group has THE Kim Yohan but is getting nowhere because Yohan's fans are dead-set not to support it. OUI was not smart at all and is losing money because of it. Ofc TOP isn't going to make that mistake.

Awww, that was so adorable. Out of all the 1st gen GGs, SES have always loved the group and the members have always been close. The only reason they decided to disband was so that they could go out when they were at their most popular and the decision broke their hearts. But I remember how heartwarming it was to see them support each other and continue to be close.

You definitely have. Unless you have the exact same level of relationship with every person you've met, you've helped bully someone even if you didn't realize it. Choosing not to sit with someone at lunch or on the bus can aid in bullying. If you spoke about someone you went to school with behind their back, even without malicious intent then you've probably helped aid in bullying. Just because you didn't actively do something "bad" doesn't mean you aren't complicit.

Indian school systems don't separate people during lunch or in the bus (we're assigned seats). And speaking to close friends about other people was usually never a big deal because the only people we trashed were those who bullied me. Idk why it's so hard for people to believe that some people can be just good people lol

Since I'm being targeted, I'm gonna refine my position a little bit: what I'm strongly against is the mob justice that prevails on the social media. What some would call the cancel culture. If one has a beef with someone else over school stuff, that person should build the strength to eventually confront their bully. Or they should move on if they deem it's not worth the trouble, because honestly maybe it is not. But throwing out another person's name on the social media so that an anonymous mob gather as a ravenous wolfpack over unfounded allegations? That's a big no to me. Empathy for a victim doesn't equal hate towards the (alleged) bully.

Of course, no one should slander anyone over unconfirmed bullying allegations (rape allegations are a different story. But, the comments of this thread are implying that even if the bullying DID take place, the victim (and people on the internet) should just forget about it and move on because the idol would've been in middle school. One comment even said they should stop being sore losers about something that happened 10 years ago.

Imo, that kind of attitude is horrifying and I honestly cannot wrap my head around how people think that way. This kind of mentality is what evolves to corner women who come forward with assault allegations and it's troubling to see it tossed around so casually in a female-dominated forum.

However, this forum also openly supports Seungri so I shouldn't be surprised.

Regarding your point towards confronting the bully, sometimes social media can be the only way to receive a proper apology. I know my bully would spit in my face if I ever asked them for an apology in person or via text.

Unfortunately not so far

I think shawols are nervous bc the topic of documentary looks heavy

I personally think it's just a discussion of their music and inspiration for it since what I picked up on focused on the fact that SHINee have always set trends instead of following it.

If you think they're going to be probed about Jonghyun, I think they made it clear that their Radio Star appearance was the last they were going to discuss him on TV and other shows have been respecting that so far.

:dancer:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apart from Daehwi, the rest are proving my point.

some of the people rn in this thread <X bullying is an actual, serious issue. The story is dubious, you don't have to lose your humanity. :S

I can't believe it. I'm half inclined to believe they're bullies themselves and are trying to absolve their actions and feel better about it lol.

Again, the story is most likely false, but the reactions on here make me sick. The lack of empathy is why many assault victims refuse to come forward. They're told to just 'suck it up and move on'

This "oh but accusations ruin lives" bs is the nastiest victim blaming. Y'all sound like those people who are concerned about the man's future in rape cases. I assume you guys don't wanna sound like those people either.

Right? People on AKP are mostly 12 year olds so they don't understand empathy but this is low even for them lol

From what I understand, students in Korea are constantly under extreme academic stress. So, bullying is common as a way for them to 'let off steam' and prey on the weak in order to feel elation from being superior.

If an idol was a bully, they 100% deserve to face the consequences of their actions and at least apologize. As a bully, you just move on, but the scars stay with the bullied forever (often causing them to overcompensate their personality to be 'funny' and 'bright' later on in life). If the bullied are still living with scars, they should be able to get some compensation for it.

You talk about ruining an idol's life, but what about the lives of the victims that the idol ruined? Again, different people have different ways to deal with bullying and telling someone to just move on is insensitive and pathetic honestly.

If an idol is a proven bully, they should 100% face the consequences.