BP VS AESPA WHOSE COACHELLA PERFORMANCE WAS BETTER?

• No fighting, give your opinion and go.

For me as a fan of none of the groups, I watched the BP performance right after the coachella live to compare and for me bp was wayyyyyy better without a doubt but then aespa has never performed live in front of an audience before so taking that into account they were pretty great, live vocals, engaging with the audience, they checked all the boxes for me. But...imo the performance was forgettable and boring.

Also YG should have payed the wind as well because that made blackpinks performance 10x better

Approved the thread.
  • tbh, I think Aespa. not a fan of both groups

• If you want drama, go to twitter.

• aespa, much better live vocals. Vocals trump everything.

• Color color were hyped because the wind blowing their hair and them flipping their hair every 30 secs.

Adspa actually sung live in what 2 years? and sounded better than colorcolor.

Both groups were not all that both easily forgettable but adspa pleasantly surprised me.

• Bp, aespa have still a lot to learn about performing un front of an audience

• Aespa my friend went to coachella they said they were so live and giselle especially brought the energy :pepe-firing:

• I hate blinks and mys but blackpink was better because their performances were apt for festivals

• Aespa's live vocals were better than BP's.

BP's performance power was better than Aespa's.

This was because BP are far more experienced with live stages and crowds - this was Aespa's 1st live performance in front of an audience after all.

But also because BP's songs and choreo are better suited for live stages with audience: there are more anthem and hype moments in them to get a crowd fired up, and there's also more moments in their choreo that allows for crowd interaction or for the performers to go wild.

• BP. It's not even a contest.

• Blink here not gonna watch the full show unless come across it on my recommendation.

But man, aespa fans are trying real hard, always using vocals and rookies card like it was some godly performances. Its a non event from clips i watched, like music shows live basically. Sm is just doing it wrong thinking they're doing something by media playing main stage on Coachella. Nobody likes privileges kids, just do it subtly like bp.

• I'm a Once so I hate both groups but bp did better to be honest

• Blackpink by a mile and it's not even close. Stop setting the girls up.

• aespa slay the performance with harder parts,more difficult dance and high notes.

• Color color were hyped because the wind blowing their hair and them flipping their hair every 30 secs.

Adspa actually sung live in what 2 years? and sounded better than colorcolor.

Both groups were not all that both easily forgettable but adspa pleasantly surprised me.

the wind. :pepe-hehe:

• Blackpink by a mile and it's not even close. Stop setting the girls up.

Thinking that preferring Aespa is a set-up, such a joke. They were overflowing with talent, they kept their original choreo while singing live and sounded great doing so and they had so much fun and it was contagious. It was obvious from the fancams that the crowd was hyped too and on top of that they looked gorgeous.

You have every right to prefer blackpink, but don't act like the alternative is unimaginable and has to have hidden motives.

• I am not a Blink or a My and this is what I thought.

I might change my mind when I see the hq quality videos of Aespa though.

Blackpink did better but Aespa did way better than I expected and they are not far behind. If they keep being like this, they will be equal soon.

Blackpink had the advantage of songs that are easier to hype the crowd. And they had experience with live performances.

Someone mentioned the wind and while that might have made them look better, I think the wind helped in the sense that the weed was everywhere. Rose was borderline high ( and thats not a bad thing before anyone gets triggered) and they helped them be even more free on stage.

Moreover, UMG did everything to make it look like a big star is performing. They took pics with celebs before and after. That can give an artist better confidence.

But for a group that has very little experience with live crowds, Aespa did well. I was impressed they did it.

And it's not forget that the crowd is most of the times dead this year even for bigger artists.

I know a lot of people expected a disaster but they will be disappointed. Aespa really pull through.

• Could have easily posted this on main

• And honestly akp is the only forum i have seen people say Aespa's performance was better than bp's.

Am not even a blink but those BP performances were epic.

• Boht did great and incomparable. Bp has a experience holding concert prior to this while aespa doesn't

• the ones saying aespa are sm stans or bp antis it's obvious bp's performance is much better yeah aespa or sm groups have better vocals but despite their vocal technique to me it can sound like screeching at times

• Anyone who's like "I'm not a MY but Aespa were better" - is a MY. Or someone who would rather have a tooth pulled than praise Blackpink.

Aespa were efficient. They are also the kpop equivalent of kids who spent the last two years at home and now don't know how to function in school. They could have been worse for sure, and I think they will get better in future, but that SM IG post was right, they skipped a lot of steps. But it was nothing to brag about, they were necessary steps. Now they've had a big live performance I hope they will study it and learn from it.

• The amount of delusion in this thread lol, go back and watch both performances side to side and feel the cognitive dissonance rush over you trying to believe Aespa is better HA

• Kind of comical reading here that people are blaming BP having the better performance on (1) the wind?? (2) Rosé being high or (3) UMG as though those executives were the ones possessing the girls bodies on stage and forcing celebrities to talk to them

When BP performed, they were the most talked about act on social media by far. There's a graphic on Twitter not very hard to find. The official performances uploaded by Coachella were the most viewed by miles until they were removed. The crowd was both super engaged and massive and there is plenty of video evidence to prove it. I have a hard time believing all of that would be true if BP's performance were that bad and "not hard to top" as people in this thread are making it out to be. And the fact that certain people have to include some BP shade instead of just saying Aespa and leaving just tells me they are either Mys or some other kpop stan that would rather step on a rusty nail than say something good about BP.

Coachella is a stupid thing to fight about but people here are annoying and it's funny watching them scramble to find some way to discredit BP having a better performance

• Honestly I would pay to see Blackpink instead of aespa based on the performances. Blackpink hyped the crowd much more.

• Why are people beating around the bush? The question is: Whose performance was better? Not: Who has more experience? Who has bettter vocal technique? Who followed the original choreography more? Which stage had more wind? Who got more second-hand weed?

• BPs songs were so much better for coachella imo.

• Performance include vocal, and Blackpink vocals are subpar and the gap is too large from aespa.

• Obviously BP. Not performing in front of crowds before isn't even a good excuse fr

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!