My honest opinion about NMIXX's debut

• So most of you have already heard the song - some love it and defend it with their life, some hate it and call it a flop under every tweet/thread.

In my opinion, the song isn't nearly as bad as some of y'all are making it out to be but is also not nearly as good as jyp stans want it to be.

The visuals are stunning and the music video looks expensive af. I'm glad jyp ditched the cheap ass CGI at least for this song. The girls are obviously dancing machines so I'm excited to see their live performances on music shows.

The cute(-ish?) concept sounded great and I feel like it fitted their voices more. If jyp had made it a whole song I'm sure it would've been an immediate hit and one of the best 4th gen debuts overall, I dare to say. Also, the pre-chorus of the first part (around 0:50 sec into the video) was really good, maybe even the best part of the whole song.

The transitions weren't as bad as most of you say. Yes, they weren't aespa level but they were ok.

The first and the final part of the song though... I call it a MESS. I'm sorry but the autotune was off, the rapping/singing didn't match the beat of the music at all and it was very overwhelming. Idk what were their producers thinking but Sticker sounds like a piece of high-class ballet music compared to this. The girls served us a three-course meal but their production team didn't do a single thing properly.

Tank, on the other hand, has much more potential to be successful. The freaky fishy part was completely unnecessary (or they could've at least put some other lyrics, why the hell freaky fishy😭) but the song gave what it was supposed to give and I think jyp made a mistake by not putting it as a title track.

Overall I think the song is mid-tier. It may grow on me (or on everyone else as next level did), but based on my first listen I'm kinda disappointed. I'm praying to all the gods, including Jihyo herself, that their next comeback won't be as messy and we'll be able to see their true potential. It's still not too late for jyp to ditch the whole "experimental music" thingy and return to their normal style.

Putting a link to the song in case someone still hasn't listen to it

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!