BLACKPINK THE ALBUM’ becomes the 8th album released this decade by a female act to sell over 300,000 pure copies in the US.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So happy for them especially when its hard for girl groups to sell well in the US.

• I am proud of them but gosh am I not surprised that most of that list is Taylor Swift :sweatr: I do love me some taytay do not get me wrong but that list is sad to look at

Honestly, she’s released A LOT in the last 3 years. Much more than usual for her, and don’t expect her to slow down cause she’s re-releasing every album from debut to Reputation. No other female singer besides Adele does more numbers in the US. So, it’s to be expected. I’m sure others like Rihanna and Beyoncé will join when they release, but it just goes to show the sad state of physical sales. 300K pure 5/6 years ago would be a flop no questions asked.

• Honestly, she’s released A LOT in the last 3 years. Much more than usual for her. Besides Adele, no other female singers really pulled more numbers in the US. So, it’s to be expected. I’m sure others like Rihanna and Beyoncé will join when they release, but it just goes to show the sad state of physical sales. 300K pure 5/6 years ago would be a flop no questions asked.

It really does, which makes me kinda feel bad that I buy most of my physicals from Asian countries, mostly Japan as they usually come with bonus tracks that the US does not get. But at the same time their physical markets have always catered to fans and been amazing so I keep buying from over there for the most part unless it is a smaller artist that only distributes through their websites then I buy directly from them :)

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!