why is 4th gen outstreaming 3rd with bigger fandoms?

Approved the thread.
  • Casual listeners. Older groups will have less than the ones who are actually promoting and are more 'fresh' faces.

• Spotify wasn't as big in 2012 to 2016, so streams of older songs are less huge in number. Moreover 3rd gen groups (dedicated) fans are older, so they won't stream as much as younger ones.

• casual listeners. apparently new gen gain more casual listeners based on their monthly streams growth

• The 4th gen groups are more thirsty and still doing stream parties. We'll see if it last. Typically fandom streams fall off.

But low key Queendom is doing pretty poorly on YT and Spotify same for Exo who also fell out of Melon top 1000 after like a month this time.

• It's not just streaming parties. 4th gen have higher monthly listeners too.

• they have younger fans and younger fans tend to be more dedicated in streaming. And also because kpop is moving on to a new generation, groups like exo are not at the top anymore.

• As for EXO,

Let's just say their fans are not hell bent on breaking records and not as focused on increasing numbers. They listen to how they want to listen, if they want to listen. It's very "Organic" (I know this word is overused but it's appropriate for this argument).

EXO is in their 9th year, they are doing pretty good.

• they just have more monthly listeners (fan or non fan) contrast to the other acts.

• people just dig their music more. others, maybe, the fans are the only ones checking then out.

• 4th generaration groups seem to be gaining traction and casual listeners contrary to sone 3rd gen acts it seems.

• As for EXO,

Let's just say their fans are not hell bent on breaking records and not as focused on increasing numbers. They listen to how they want to listen, if they want to listen. It's very "Organic" (I know this word is overused but it's appropriate for this argument).

EXO is in their 9th year, they are doing pretty good.

I guess less fans now

• Because streaming and is easier and more available than few years ago. My new TV has a Spotify app built in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!