Why Are Some Artist's Youtube Streams Not Par With Their Spotify Streams?

• Recently I have noticed something, while some big artists have massive huge success on spotify, their youtube success is much lower.

I get that there is going to be differences but for some the difference is huge.

They have massive views on spotify but their youtube streams can sometimes reach up to almost 10 times lower than their spotify streams.

To put it in perspective, lets say an artist has 500 million streams on spotify but their youtube streams are 10 times lower.

That would mean they have 50 million streams on youtube.

That is 1/10 of their spotify streams.

It would be understandable if they were small artists but most of them are huge artists, why is there such a difference?

A lot of them have a bigger following in youtube than spotify yet they do worse on youtube.

Why are artists not doing as well on a much bigger platfrom?

Also I didn't want to put specific artists because I don't want to offend anyone.

And this isn't just related to kpop but artists from around the world, the reason why I didn't put this in the kpop section.

• Some countries use Spotify more. Others use YouTube more.

Subscribers on YouTube don't mean too much. People stop watching your videos but don't bother clicking on unsubscribe.

Followers on Spotify is even worse. The only thing it does is put their new songs on your weekly email and on your Release Radar. I bet most people don't even read it or look at their Release Radar.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!