Are Korean dramas reviews an accurate measure of how good the drama actually is?

• I just went to Netflix and I typed "Korean drama". Literally every single one of them are at least 8/10, the lowest one was 7.8/10. Am I missing something here. :pepe-tea: like there is noway all of these drama are actually an 8/10. are these reviews being manipulated by fangirls!!! Because their faves are playing a role in it!!! :pepewhat: what even is the point, you are just misleading the viewers....

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• actually, Netflix really has one of the best "line-up" overall in terms of kdrama's so it's kind of normal that they are high rated

if you want to like take a look at what's currently in Korean tv or what was there in last year then for sure you would find some rated as 5/10 or 6/10 because there were a lot of weaker/less interesting dramas overall.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• actually, Netflix really has one of the best "line-up" overall in terms of kdrama's so it's kind of normal that they are high rated

if you want to like take a look at what's currently in Korean tv or what was there in last year then for sure you would find some rated as 5/10 or 6/10 because there were a lot of weaker/less interesting dramas overall.

I don't buy it, I have watched a bunch of them and they were boring and dull barely a 5/10. It's ok not to be ok is one of the worst dramas I have ever watched, extremely boring and dull yet it got nearly a perfect score. Itaewon class is no where near an 8/10. It's rigged. :pepenomad:

• The thing is, most of the reviewers, watch the drama to the end and probably liked the drama, so they will give a good review.

If I don't like the drama most of the time I unbookmark itand won't give a review.

Yesterday i started to watch Crash landing on you and stopped in the middle of the second episode because it was really, really bad

...nad what happened?

I didn't review it :/

• Official Post

I don't know about Netflix's ratings, but I know some sites will only add in your rating if you've watched a certain percentage of the show to weed out review bombers or people who watch half an episode and rate it a 1. Most people who finish a show till the end will typically rate it fairly well. I can only think of a few shows (not dramas) that I've watched just to see the trainwreck.

Like obviously you're not going to agree with every rating or review. It doesn't happen in any media because entertainment and how much we enjoy it is subjective.

• I don't know about Netflix's ratings, but I know some sites will only add in your rating if you've watched a certain percentage of the show to weed out review bombers or people who watch half an episode and rate it a 1. Most people who finish a show till the end will typically rate it fairly well. I can only think of a few shows (not dramas) that I've watched just to see the trainwreck.

Like obviously you're not going to agree with every rating or review. It doesn't happen in any media because entertainment and how much we enjoy it is subjective.

Change your background I can't read shit :peperun:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!