Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' Streams Spike After Titanic Sub Tragedy

• Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On' Streams Spike After Titanic Sub Tragedy
    Lots of folks' hearts are going out to the five people who died aboard the Titanic-bound submersible ... because they're playing Celine Dion's beloved…
    www.tmz.com

Lots of folks' hearts are going out to the five people who died aboard the Titanic-bound submersible ... because they're playing Celine Dion's beloved "Titanic" theme song -- a lot.

Celine's track from the 1997 Oscar-winning movie, "My Heart Will Go On," is seeing a huge bump on streaming platforms in the wake of the sub tragedy ... with over 500,000 streams since the rescue of the missing sub came to an end.

The numbers are pretty incredible ... Spotify listeners have played the song 522,864 times since Thursday ... with Friday bringing even more streams.

As you know, the OceanGate sub set out for the Titanic shipwreck early Sunday morning but then it lost all communications, prompting a multinational, days-long search and rescue effort.

The search ended Thursday when a debris field was found on the ocean floor ... it appears the sub imploded Sunday morning during its dive down to the Titanic.

It's a sad and captivating story, and it seems folks are turning to music to cope with the tragic loss of more life in the Atlantic.

____

I can't believe we all had the same idea :sweat:

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• Good song but imo could've had a better singer than Celine Dion. Apparently, at the time she wasn't the original choice anyway. That aside, this has been an awful tragedy. I have been following the story as I have been a Titanic enthusiast for many years and even though the sub was ill equipped and had safety concerns, five people are now lying dead at the bottom of the ocean. Least the implosion happened so quickly that they wouldn't have known what was happening. I feel for the five families also. It's an irony that they are lying close to the Titanic site which they went down for in the first place. Rest In Peace!

• Good song but imo could've had a better singer than Celine Dion. Apparently, at the time she wasn't the original choice anyway. That aside, this has been an awful tragedy. I have been following the story as I have been a Titanic enthusiast for many years and even though the sub was ill equipped and had safety concerns, five people are now lying dead at the bottom of the ocean. Least the implosion happened so quickly that they wouldn't have known what was happening. I feel for the five families also. It's an irony that they are lying close to the Titanic site which they went down for in the first place. Rest In Peace!

can they find the bodies?

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!