If you passed away rn, would you say you had a good life?

• This is just a self reflection I had a while ago, and it looks perfect as an anon thread

For me yes, I would say that getting into kpop and Korean culture was one of the best things that happened in my life, I knew alot of groups, heard alot of songs, watched some kdramas, and made some friends here on akp

And even if I don't see a full reunion of my fave group, I'm definitely proud that I saw them grow and become what they represent today

By life in general I also had some great moments with friends and family

I do have some regrets tho, maybe I should've been more patient and caring with people, and less of a "do first, think later" kind of person (would've saved me from felling like an ass after I did smth bad to someone)

What about you?

Would you make something different?

Approved the thread.
  • i feel like there is so much i haven't done yet

but i would say i had a good life so far

• I am still way too young to be decide whether I had a good life or not

But self reflection does not require a certain age.

I just have not lived up to my full potential, I honestly say. <3

• I am still quite young to determine my life's worth.

But self reflection does not require for one to be a certain age to reflect on themselves.

I would honestly say that I have not lived up to my full potential, and that I would want to at least accomplish that in my lifetime. <3

• ofc not i'm still in my teens and nothing amazing has happened to me yet

• nope i'm still in my teens and my life has been not so good

• Thanks for sharing this. This is deep, maybe a bit heavy to talk about, but I like it.

OP, I can relate with discovering K-pop and Korean culture. It's one of the best things that I decided to do. It's such a switch from the music I used to listen to, and I consider that a great thing. My style improved. I have more to look forward to every day. K-pop makes me feel great. I don't regret that at all. I went to K-pop events. I spent time being more open-minded to a genre I used to dislike.

Now I wonder what your favorite group is. 2NE1? SNSD?

I have a good relationship with my family now, but it could be better. I'm working on finishing school right now, something I should have accomplished earlier but didn't due to certain mistakes. I try to accept it as my story now, but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't hurt. I don't feel very confident around my family because I know I could have done better. I don't talk to my family enough, but I really don't know what to talk about.

I'll be honest. If it all ended, I can't say I had a good life. I have much more to do.

• yes! I didn't experience much but my family loved me enough to the point where my only concern would be how they would feel after I die. Life doesn't mean much if you aren't loved, yk

• Yes but no? I dont know... I havent done anything but I am grateful to alive everyday but at the same time I cant exactly say Im actually happy

• Reasonably I suppose. I’ve travelled a lot, lived in different towns and met some interesting people. I also have my daughter as my absolute highlight and her life would be nothing if I was gone.

• no. but i don't think it is gonna get better.

• OP, I can relate with discovering K-pop and Korean culture. It's one of the best things that I decided to do.

Exactly, back then I didn't knew much about Asia, so to all of a sudden find out that Korea have not only awesome songs, which didn't resembled anything I heard before, also a huge entertainment industry, and a cool language, was like opening a chest full of treasures

Now I wonder what your favorite group is. 2NE1? SNSD?

Its SNSD, my babies who introduced me to kpop <3

I have a good relationship with my family now, but it could be better.

I don't talk to my family enough, but I really don't know what to talk about.

I can relate too, I don't talk much with them, and even my brother, he spends the whole day playing league of legends and don't even look at me, he show up only when we needs for me to do something

I can't say I had a good life.

Think about it, you had the opportunity to not only experience a new culture, but also enjoy it, imagine how many people will live their whole lives, and never even realize that their culture is not the only one, there is many more, and we can learn and appreciate something different from all of them

• i would ask god for a refund.

Why must i endure so much and why can't anyone see how bad it really is?

• not always happy. I think i had a little hard live. But im happy for what i have so far.

• no. I'm still too young to die right now. I still haven't achieved any of my major dreams yet.

I mean the life I've lived until now was okay, but nothing special.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!