FF fans: FF XVI - Universal Acclaim + 3 million sold

• Here's the newly released State of Play video featuring FF XVI and it looks amazing~

There's an introduction to story and gameplay so if you want to go in not knowing much then skip the video. The teaser for the main theme below is just a compilation of game footage etc.

Most surprising is the Mature 17+ rating!?!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

JPOP musician, Yonezu Kenshi is doing the main theme song too. It's called

月を見ていた Tsuki wo Miteita or Moon Gazing in English.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I see some upgrades from FF XV, which I truly enjoyed and loved.

So what are you most excited about FF XVI?

Bonus video for Moogle fans:

Edited once, last by Yinye ().

• I used to be a huge FF fan. Played all the main titles from Final Fantasy IV apart from the online ones.

Just not as excited as I used to be for a new FF, because I really didn't like FF XV and XIII.

I prefer turn based or time based battle.

Still want to know what it will be like, but it won't be an automatic buy for me anymore, until I know more about the gameplay and quality.

• That is fair. Every gamer has their own preferences. It took me a while to really get used to the FF XV battle system. I just really loved the story - it's quite different than previous FFs. The Remake of FFVII also use this style of combat so I'm not sure if future FF will ever go back to turn based or time based.

I never played FF XIII or XIV because I didn't have the console and don't like PC games.

For FF XVI, it's real time action based game play according to the intro video but there are equipment that can help re some 'auto' functions. I think they took it from Nier Automata that had auto evade and such.

Among the older FF titles, which one was your favorite?

For me, I love FF VI, VII, VIII were my holy trinity. I also enjoyed X and X-II too. I don't think I ever finished XII!!!! I need to go back and finish it but I think I'm stuck somewhere....

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “FF fans: let's discuss upcoming FF XVI - June 22 release” to “FF fans: let's discuss upcoming FF XVI - June 22 release - Demo is out!”.
  • unlike most ff fans, i actually prefer exploration and real time combat

so i actually enjoyed FFXV a lot

and im expecting equally high quality of world building and combat

graphics...they're always amazing anyway

i just hope the story makes atleast some sense this time

as much as i liked noctis' crew, the story was meh

i never played the super old FF games but their stories always fascinated me

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• This new one has real time combat and just from the demo, the story was already solid. It got me invested in the two brothers and already having some questions re the characters.

Even as a huge FF fan, I haven’t played the early games (1-5 either lol).I will wait for the Pixel Remaster Bundle (it contains FF 1-6) to go on sale and buy it just for the upgraded original VI! I need to see Celes, Locke, and Kefka in HD lol. VI’s story was amazing.

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “FF fans: let's discuss upcoming FF XVI - June 22 release - Demo is out!” to “FF fans: FF XVI - Universal Acclaim”.
  • External Content twitter.com

I am out 20 hours in and it’s soooo amazing so far.0

• Yinye

Changed the title of the thread from “FF fans: FF XVI - Universal Acclaim” to “FF fans: FF XVI - Universal Acclaim + 3 million sold”.
  • External Content twitter.com

SE announced that they have sold 3 million of FFXVI on the PS5 (physical + digital versions).

I hit 60% of the game and don’t want it to end lol.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!