The best music review-analysis-educational channel on YT run by a local boomer gives ACTUAL PRAISE for Cupid.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love this guy, he points out everything wrong with modern pop music. But he actually has what amounts to real praise for Cupid. It might not sound like praise but believe me, he calls it a real song, which is more than he says for 99 percent of the stuff topping the Spotify charts lol. As an aside, he talks about how good Miley is, which is a good opinion to have, she is an underrated singer and her song is at least a real attempt at musicality.

Dude should listen to more Kpop, he's like me, he's always searching for songs that are more than just autotuned messes repeating the same three chords in the same monotone voices with the only difference resulting from whether the "producer" chooses to hit the button for generic trap beat, generic Latin beat, or generic retro beat. At least Kpop retains a modicum of musicality, a real attempt at putting out something interesting to hear, in addition to the visual feast you get from the syncro dancing and stages.

• also imagine in the near 2-3 years in the future, when AI-generated music is everywhere, literally hitting one button to generate 4-6 samples, which then can be choosen one, or combining two samples to create a kpop "song"

actually, back in my college, I kinda want to make this thing.. a kpop-music generator by feeding a ton of kpop songs into a model...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!