TREASURE to headline legendary Summer Sonic Festival with Kendrick Lamar, Liam Gallagher, The Kid Laroi

• star news

Treasure, Japan's 'Summer Sonic' main stage scramble

Enter 2023.02.28. 1:29 pm
      Modified 2023.02.28. 1:30 p.m.

ansdhkstlr.png?type=nf112_112
    Reporter Moon Wan-shik

0003132658_001_20230228133001260.jpg?type=w430view original

Treasure, Japan's 'Summer Sonic' main stage scrambleGroup TREASURE will be participating in Japan 's representative music festival 'SUMMER SONIC 2023'.

On the 28th, he was listed in the main stage lineup released on the official website of 'Summer Sonic'.

Treasure is scheduled to heat up the Japanese archipelago at Sonic Park in Maishima, Osaka on August 19, and Chiba Marine Stadium in Tokyo the next day, on the 20th.

'Summer Sonic' is a large-scale urban music festival in Japan, featuring top local singers as well as world-class musicians. In particular, even though Treasure is appearing for the first time since their debut, they are expected to stand shoulder to shoulder on the same main stage as world-renowned musicians such as Kendrick Lamar and Liam Gallagher.

0003132658_002_20230228133001344.jpg?type=w430

Treasure, which made its official debut in Japan in March 2021, ranked all three Japanese albums at No. 1 on the Oricon chart and Line Music, achieving a "career high" in both music and music categories, despite not being able to carry out any activities in the country due to the aftermath of the pandemic. did. Last year, the 36th Japan Golden Disc Awards 'Best 3 new artists (Best 3 new artists)' was listed and their presence was imprinted.

The first Japanese tour of his debut was also successfully completed. Starting in Fukuoka last November and ending at the Kyocera Dome Osaka special performance in January, the tour mobilized nearly 300,000 people in 26 tours in 8 cities, setting a new record as the largest number of people on a Korean artist's first tour. The box office success of this tour not only expands the fandom base, but also attracts attention as YG's next-generation 'performance artist'.

Meanwhile, Treasure is expected to ignite their global popularity by continuing their Asian tour starting in Taipei in March, followed by Kuala Lumpur, Jakarta, Bangkok, Singapore, Manila, Macau, and Hong Kong.

Reporter Moon Wan-shik (munwansik@mt.co.kr)

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “TREASURE to headline legendary Summer Sonic Festival with Kendrick, Lamar Gallagher” to “TREASURE to headline legendary Summer Sonic Festival with Kendrick Lamar, Liam Gallagher, The Kid Laroi”.
  • Well done Treasure! They are quite popular but not “to your face” type. This is quite huge so congrats!

Yeah. They've sold out the KSPO and Kyocera Domes twice and their first tour total is already over 530k audience/tickets sold and adding more dates.

Their 2nd night in the Kyocera Dome was broadcast live in over 60 sold-out movie theaters in Japan.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• Are they headlining though? Their name is listed at the bottom portion of the poster. Not like BP with Coachella where their name is big and bold on the poster, and articles mentioning them as actual headliners.

FqBaZdcaQAAkOL8?format=jpg&name=small

• Are they headlining though? Their name is listed at the bottom portion of the poster. Not like BP with Coachella where their name is big and bold on the poster, and articles mentioning them as actual headliners.

Blur and Kendrick seems to be the headliner based on the poster but to be part of the line up is still a good news for the fans who want to see them.

It was just announced today. And as the article states, they are on the main stage on both days in both cities. So yes, they're headlining.

There are several stages for the festival in both locations with the headlining acts performing in the biggest venues.

The festival has nearly 100 artists every year. Last year there were 72 acts/artist/bands who played the festival.

It's not like Coachella where they list every act on the poster for every stage.

If you're performing on the main stage, you're listed on the poster and are the headlining acts.

YG Family

1080x360

• That's what you think, stop making things up. Checked and they are not headliners. Even the ones above them like Kid Laroi, Liam Gallagher and FOB are not considered headliners. The headliners are Kendrick Lamar and Blur. Performing on the main stage doesn't mean they are headliners lol

Articles point to Kendrick Lamar and Blur being the headliners:

Summer Sonic 2023: Artiste lineup, dates, venues, and more at the Japanese festival
    One of Japan’s much-awaited music festivals, Summer Sonic is all set to make 2023 memorable with Blur and Kendrick Lamar as headliners.
    www.lifestyleasia.com

"So far, 18 artists have been confirmed for the lineup and will be seen spanning a variety of sound mixes and styles at the music festival. Headlining Summer Sonic 2023 are Britpop icons Blur and 15-time Grammy-winning rapper Kendrick Lamar."

If they were headliners, they would be announced like this too by summer sonic themselves:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!