XG if done right could blend anime culture, hip-hop and k-pop (KDA is a good ref)

• I think xg can be a unique gg that differs from new or current k-pop gg. I think if done right, they can be a top contender that no other gg would have done before.

What they need to be is the bridge between j-pop / anime wotas to k-pop stans.

1. Appealing MV that references the j-culture or anime culture to appeal to some wotas.

2. Appealing music & choreo to the international audiences (maybe adding unique sounds found from j-culture) to appeal k-pop stans.

3. Appealing English lyrics (with mix of Japanese/Korean/Chinese lyrics) to appeal to global audience so it can be played on Spotify top 50.

4. Variety contents with some j-culture variety released in social media so they can continue the parasocial r/s like other k-pop groups. Additionally the mixtapes and perf videos as usual. All for k-pop stans to get fed on.

5. Ez distribution (+ unique album packaging) so shipping isn’t so expensive that global stans can buy easily and collect on.

I think kda is a good example of how to market except with real ppl.

I didn’t enjoy their past releases until shooting star and their xypher raps. The harajuku / j-culture ref in the shooting star MV is 💯.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

Edited 5 times, last by invstor099 ().

• invstor099

Changed the title of the thread from “XG if done right could blend anime culture, hip-hop and k-pop” to “XG if done right could blend anime culture, hip-hop and k-pop (KDA is a good ref)”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!