Why is Hybe so obsessed with games?

• Hybe CEO used to be Nexon CEO, one of top game companies in Korea. Not to mention many executives in Hybe are from Nexon or Netmarbles, also game companies. They just spent a year developing In the seom for BTS and now BTS is doing another thing with Cookie Run while fans just want music. Why do they insist on games?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Approved the thread.
  • games are a money maker, what else would be the reason

• The ad on akp made me annoyed and i was indifferent before

• my friend whos a bigger bts fan then i am plays the island game with bts sm that she was on 100 or 1000 i dont remeber

• Games are the most profitable sector of the entertainment industry. Music, film, sports, and shows can't compete.

• video game industry is way bigger than music

• Money

Also BTS wanted a hiatus, though they didn't really get one, since Hybe panicked.

• nexon (game company) literally own stock in hybe lol

• Their 2nd biggest shareholder is nermarble, A gaming company.

• They are desperate for more ninety to fund their now projects. They will milk every drop of BTS to get that money. They are disgusting.

• games are overall more profitable, and they're a less fluctuating source of income

• because

1) games are very profitable

2) it doesn't need direct involvement of the artist (bts can continu their break & hybe can continu to milk them)

3) they don't have to give credit to bts in their annual reports; they can file this under indirect artist income w/o mentioning bts & they can convince stockholders that hybe is/will be doing fine without bts

• Pretty sure all idol/ company will accept job that paid well....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!