Western artists are collabing with BTS members only for the BTS clout

• Old Town Road remix, Girl Of My Dreams, Left and Right, all three have been credited to BTS on Spotify even when only one member participates in it. While other solo works were never credited to BTS. It's pretty clear that these Western artists only want those sweet numbers army can bring when something is attached to BTS's name.

Approved the thread.
  • It’s other way around. BTS are only credited with artists who can bring more monthly listeners to them

• It’s a well known fact so I guess that’s why your thread is not a hit

• BTS get some clout back as an exchange too so?

• I was about to ask in the main Why's bts credited but I didn't want to be misunderstood so I didn't ask. I don't think bts should be credited in solo work.

• It works both ways tbh. If it was western artists doing what bts is doing ie getting credited when it's obviously only one member who worked on it they would be called shady and clout chasers to no end.

• and the sun rises from the east

Of bts is popular and had clout

• i mean bts gets clout too its a symbiotic relationship

• And BTS chooses artists to add clout like Megan Thee Stallion. That’s how the record industry works.

:pepefacepalm:

• True, but BTS also gain from these collabs. Otherwise they wouldn't do them in the first place.

• Maybe jk asked for every Collab whenever it happened. How do you know it's not true :pepe-annoy:

Y'all are really funny. If I cannot assume anything then u cannot either. We ain't even throwing hate on jk , y'all stop acting like everyone's against your fav company.

• And why not?

That is not unknown industry practice, anywhere in the world. And it does go both ways.

It all depends on the relative popularity (clout) of the act and also where in the career arc they are at?

It is effectively cross-promotion.

Don't tell me that you expect them to consider only the musical needs of the song. That is a joke. If that were the case, there are thousands of unknown musicians, session musicians etc., who would have far more ability and creativity than the adored idols and artists.

It is a popularity industry.

• its business, everyone does it, bts is huge but dont make it seems like they're the special of a bunch

when its near election day, you see politicians invites anyone that is currently popular to favor the public; sport teams, ambassadors, singers, actors/tress. when its entertainers they will do the same, to get more traffic. bts its so big that they have to credit them, it'll be weird if they don't, won't you be singing the opposite tune?

its not like only other are benefitting from it, bts gets a deal too. now if bts was this big and no western artists want a collab with them, will you be making a thread about why no artist wanna collab with them when theyre such icons?

• Charlie has lots of monthly listeners and gp reach. BTS will benefit from his monthly listeners too. No one is losing

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!