Aespa and their lack of fans in the states

• REDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopt…roid_app&utm_source=share

So a week ago SM announced Aespa’s LA showcase that will take place on June 26th in the Youtube Theater ( 6,000 capacity) and at first everything was completely fine, it was announced that all the tickets were sold out in like 2 hours so SM decided to add a second night for the showcase due to big demand.

After a few hours more than half of the seats were available for resale for CRAZY prices, I literally saw tickets for $2,000 just for a SHOWCASE. So all that demand than SM experienced at first was only resellers buying it and not real fans. So now 8 days after the announcement and having only one week left till the showcase, we have A LOT of available seats (even when the resellers have lowered the price, some of them even for less than face value). For the first night isn’t that shocking and it’ll look fuller than it seems now but for the second night majority of the seats are still available when they haven’t even opened the upper sections yet.

I guess this is kinda a reality check that just because K-pop has gained more popularity in the last year it’s still hard for groups (especially for 4th gen ones) to fill concerts, or a showcase in this case, in the states. Hope that in the moment SM announce the details about the showcase more people will buy them, because otherwise the girls are going to perform with a lot of empty seats.

In case someone has just found out about this and is interest in going, here are the links to buy the tickets for the 2 nights: 26th of June, 27th of June

imagem_2022-06-18_203717848.pngimagem_2022-06-18_203727996.png

Approved the thread.
  • Detail: the showcase on June 27 has capacity reduced by half

• Fuck ticketmaster and other re-sale sites but fuck SM too lol have they not been in the game long enough to realize how this stuff works

• Crazy, I saw their second date and there's a lot of regular tickets available, even though half of the venue is reduced. It seems, the scalpers bought a lot of tickets in the first date thinking aespa had more demand than they actually have and didn't bother to try in the second one.

• Pretty sure they knew about the resellers but were overconfident about fans willing to buy them anyway. Sm isn't some rookie company and have been in the game for decades. The resellers also overestimated things.

• I mean what are aespa supposed to do about the resellers?

• Damn they will be trolled so hard. People still use those pictures from the blackpink concert/fanmeeting in Korea.

• They would have had trouble filling up regardless but yeah scalpers just love to ruin every concerts

• Firstly, reseller and short notice concert are to blame. I don't think aespa lack fans in US compare to other 4th gen since their debut album able to debut in BB200 without us label .Also US inflation data just came out this week and is 8.6% (highest inflation in 40 years), US fans have another thing to worry you know. Their fans aren't ready yet to drop everything and attend the showcae

• Firstly, reseller and short notice concert are to blame. I don't think aespa lack fans in US compare to other 4th gen since their debut album able to debut in BB200 without us label .Also US inflation data just came out this week and is 8.6% (highest inflation in 40 years), US fans have another thing to worry you know. Their fans aren't ready yet to drop everything and attend the showcae

Aespa had distribution in the US at Savage

kpop fans ain't 20s to 30s workers , most are teens and us culture have parents making their child spoiled brats, so there is no excuse

• Why did SM/Warner add another date then? They should have made their research beforehand

• All this fake concern lmao if you really cared about aespa you wouldn't be posting this on anon. This is obsessed behavior

• Damn they will be trolled so hard. People still use those pictures from the blackpink concert/fanmeeting in Korea.

As a blink I have flashbacks from 2019, bp was getting hate left and right from their tour.

Hope it’s better for mys

• this is a reality check for SM more than kpop fans

• You know that LA is just one part of the states right? Not everyone has the funds to travel so last minute to LA. I’ve already seen so many people wanting to go but not having the ability to travel far on such short notice.

• Why did SM/Warner add another date then? They should have made their research beforehand

They likely didn't "add" a date. They probably booked both nights but didn't announce the second night to build hype and create sales for day one. These contracts are generally decided in advance with the venues and are not something that can be surprised into existence by a broker sell-out (which is most day 1 sell-outs for major acts these days.) What's surprising is that the second night is only half the venue.

• I will copy/paste what I said earlier cuz you give the same fake concern vibes.

You or the person you took this from are making a lot of things up. There is no source or indication that mention seats were lowered down to 3000. If anything YT theater official states that they CAN expand the capacity to 6000, not that they originally default 6000 seats that SM “lowered it down”. Second, the first day was sold out immediately. I couldn’t get tickets when I was waiting even before they opened the sales. SM didn’t lie about the sold out part at all. Many companies lie or exaggerate about selling out when they sell 80% of the tickets but aespa’s showcase was 100% sold out that I couldn’t buy. However most of those buyers were scalpers. Hence it got messy. They resold tickets with insanely high prices some bought those expensive tickets but most fans refused to buy. Then they kept lowering their prices but many of the tickets are sold already.

Third, contrary to popular belief, I think the second day was necessary. I couldn’t trust to buy the tickets from resellers because I am not used to the process and I was afraid with all the warnings (besides I am not from US so I will go FOR the showcase) and the next day was an opportunity for me because it is trustworthy. They might not fill the second day but it was needed after all the resellers mess. If they do sell the second day too then that’s great. Everyone knows aespa’s popularity is centered in Asia, mostly Korea and China. Now even Japan with 400k people applying for the showcase. The fact that many people in L.A bought tickets was surprising to me because I underestimated their popularity there especially in a short notice.

All you do is sound pathetic trying so hard to paint aespa in a bad way when you go as far as keep up with their showcase updates (not tour but a fking showcase lol). SM isnt doing anything different from other companies. You are just obsessed with aespa.

and this is why this is stupid. blackpink is the biggest girl group in the world yet is one of the few artists that deal with idiots the likes of op which are obsessed with their tickets updates. Ignoring all the circumstances and details behind the things that went down. Only real popular groups get this attention. You dont see lesser popular groups getting obsessed stalkers that middle in fan business.

• The lie. They did not

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Ticketmaster doesn't tackle reseller problems at all

• You know that LA is just one part of the states right? Not everyone has the funds to travel so last minute to LA. I’ve already seen so many people wanting to go but not having the ability to travel far on such short notice.

excuses. Twice and BP did well.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

doesn't mean anything aespa doesn't have US label at that time

• You know what’s funny, the naysayers used to drag Blackpink for these same things years ago and then they became the biggest girl group in the world. The future is bright for Aespa :teeheek:

• still having distribution in the USA as I mentioned

They don't any distribution agreements with any records at that time.

• Hahahaha this is hilarious.

I am LAUGHING.

• I don't think OP is dragging Aespa.

I really wish Ticketmaster would cap reseller prices so that they can't go more than a certain percentage over the original selling price. Sure, resell your ticket but charging 3x as much or more is ridiculous.

Aespa lack fans in the us that's why they couldn't sell out tickets. Itzy text ateez all sold out their multiple debut showcases in the us in the same year of their debut. Aespa are close to 2 year old group and they overestimated the demand and booked 2 shows when they can't even sell 6k tickets. They definitely lack fans in the us compared to other 4th gen groups.

You know that LA is just one part of the states right? Not everyone has the funds to travel so last minute to LA. I’ve already seen so many people wanting to go but not having the ability to travel far on such short notice.

3 weeks is enough time to clear out schedules. Aespa stans just don't want to spend more than 10 dollars. 10 dollars can get you albums not tickets.

• Aespa lack fans in the us that's why they couldn't sell out tickets. Itzy text ateez all sold out their multiple debut showcases in the us in the same year of their debut. Aespa are close to 2 year old group and they overestimated the demand and booked 2 shows when they can't even sell 6k tickets. They definitely lack fans in the us compared to other 4th gen groups.

3 weeks is enough time to clear out schedules. Aespa stans just don't want to spend more than 10 dollars. 10 dollars can get you albums not tickets.

You have to be a fucking troll there's no way, there's a whole fucking recession going on in America stores are literally running out of products gas is at an all time high and you comparing 2019 to 2022 economy??? Anons will ignore all facts to shit on aespa seriously [REDACTED BY MODERATOR]

Yea let me drop everything I had planned to go fly to LA IN 16 days for a showcase announced last minute that no one expected. Forget the fact even big groups like bts announce tours and such months ahead let's expect rookie aespa to pull a packed venue in 16 days with a fucked American economy.

Edited once, last by superyeah: Moderator's note: One part was redacted due to excessive profanity. ().

• This thread contains 12 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!