Alex (RaNia)

• I. Introduction

Alex (알렉스; also known as Alexandra) is an American singer, rapper and actress. She is a former member of the girl group BP RaNia.

As a soloist, she goes by the stage name Alex Reid. She made her American solo debut on August 31, 2012 with the EP Letters to My Ex.

II. Career

On August 31, 2012, she released her debut extended play, Letters to My Ex.

On November 3, 2015, it was announced that she would be featured in RaNia's "Demonstrate" music video, with the possibility of her becoming a member of the girl group. Later, on November 4, DR Music confirmed Alex as a new member.

In mid-2016, the agency announced that they were working on a sub-unit, consisted of Alex and her fellow-member Hyemi. The sub-unit never debuted, however, they sang the track "No Dab", featured in the groups' fifth mini album Refresh 7th.

On August 15, 2016, she announced that she became the group's new leader.

On August 12, 2017, RaNia released their fifth mini album Refresh 7th and the promotions for the album became controversial after fans noticed that Alex had little to no lines, and that she spent the majority of performances standing off to the side while the other girls danced and sang. Some days later, on August 19, DR Media announced her departure from the group.

On December 9, 2017, she announced the upcoming release of "East West", which was intended for the Hex sub-unit (Hyemi & Alex). The single was released on March 19, 2018.

III. Discography

Mini Albums

Cover Title Date of Release
    Letters to My Ex 2012

Digital Singles

"Body to Body" 2011
    "Want Me Some You" 2014
    "Good Shh" 2016
    "East West" 2018
    "Gretchen Wieners" 2018

IV. Filmography

Movie(s)

Bobbi Kristina 2017

Reality Show(s)

Endurance: Hawaii 2004

V. Trivia

• She was the first non-Asian half-African-American member of a Korean idol girl group.
    • She can speak fluent English and Korean.
    • Her mom is also Swedish and Hungarian.