Tohoshinki (TVXQ) - Heart, Mind and Soul

• I. Introduction

Heart, Mind and Soul is the first Japanese studio album for South Korean boy group TVXQ, known in Japan as Tohoshinki. The album was released on March 22, 2006.

II. Background and Release

The album was released in 2 versions: a CD and a CD +DVD version with music videos. It featured 5 singles, including 4 that had been previously released: "Stay with me Tonight" released on April 27, 2005; "Somebody to Love" on July 13, 2005; "My Destiny" on November 2, 2005; "Asu wa Kuru Kara" on March 8, 2006 and "Rising Sun/Heart, Mind and Soul" on April 19, 2006.

III. Track List

Title Lyrics Music Length
    "Introlude" Yasuski Fukuyama 0:43
    "Kotona wa Iranai 言葉はいらない, lit. No Words are Needed" Jun Tasutano Masaya Wada 4:35
    "Asu wa Kuru Kara (明日は来るから lit Tomorrow Will Surely Come)" Takeshi Seno, Mai Osanai Takeshi Seno, K-Muto 5:12
    "Somebody to Love" Yoshimitsu Sawamoto, Mai Osanai Kei Haneoka, Daisuke Imai 4:52
    "My Destiny" Mai Osanai Akihisa Matsuura, Maestro-T 5:12
    "Hug" Kenn Kato Park Chang Hyun, Hitoshi Harukawa 4:07
    "Break Up the Shell Kenn Kato H-wonder 3:54
    "Stay With Me Tonight" Yoshimitsu Sawamoto, Mai Osanai Kei Haneoka, Maestro-T 4:42
    "Aisenai Aishitai" (愛せない愛したい, lit. Can't Love, Wanna Love) Jun Tasutano Yoshihiro Toyoshima, Maestro-T 5:51
    "One" Jam, Kenzie Kenzie 4:04
    "Rising Sun" Yoo Young Jin, m.c.A-T Yoo Young Jin 4:42
    "Eternal" Ryoji Sonoda Kosuke Morimoto, Jin Nakamura 4:36
    "Heart, Mind and Soul" Mai Osanai, S.O.S. S.O.S 5:11
    "Stay with Me Tonight" (a cappella version) Yoshimitsu Sawamoto, Mai Osanai Kei Haneoka 2:35
    "Somebody to Love" (a capella version) Yoshimitsu Sawamoto, Mai Osanai Kei Haneoka 2:10
    "My Destiny" (a capella version) Mai Osana Akihisa Matsuura, Maestro-T 2:36
    "Asu wa Kuru Kara (Vocal & Piano Version 明日は来るから lit Tomorrow Will Surely Come)" Takeshi Seno, Mai Osana Takeshi Seno, K-Muto 2:39

IV. Videos

Stay with Me Tonight

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Somebody to Love

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

My Destiny

V. Reception

The album debuted at #22 on the Japanese Oricon Album Charts. The CD-only version reached #5 on the Korean yearly foreign albums charts in 2006 and #50 in 2007. The CD-DVD version reached #32 in 2006. All 5 promotional singles from the album also charted in the top 50.