Posts by jasmine_s

a bunch of fucking corporations owned by white men were rushing to post about BLM on their social media and donate. whether for a good cause or not, it can still be taken as a PR measure and shouldn’t provide them any sort of immunity from backlash

This type of mindset. Sigh. A donation does not need to have any form of questioning especially when its not from your own pocket. If it helps the cause it helps. Watch the cause, not the benefit of the one donating. You are looking at the wrong thing.

Jay Park's 2 company not only donate, but also delayed releases for 2 weeks to keep their solidarity with BLM. It shouldn't be immunity from backlash but it shouldn't be forgotten either.

Khip-hop artist that do nothing but pay homage to the black hip-hop artist who came before them by their cloths and their hair are NOT THE PROBLEM.

This.

Well, Americans, or the people of US is just weird to me. Their issues aren't my issues but somehow reading through history I feel at times I understand more of their problems then they do. The racism is definitely taught in the US, that is very true. You need to be taught that its ok for black people to have dreads at work in the US while in my country, nobody cares if you have dreads as long as you can work.

thats not "thinking critically". thats a crock of bullshit. "the country's inability to solve racism"? you mean, the world's inability to solve racism? CA is not an inherently u.s problem. other countries just silence tf out of their minorities in general. mixing everything together is erasure, not unity. i didn't mention anything about segregation. you rlly think asking people not to wear dreads ect when they're pretending to be authentic hip hop artists is segragation?

i don't think i defined anywhere in my post when its ok or not ok to wear these hairstyles. it is inherently a stereotype to wear these things when engaging in hip hop. it doesnt make you more hip hop to have braids. you can do hip hop without pretending to be black.

jay parks statement is bs. anyone who refuses to understand where other people are coming from and just dismisses them deserves similar treatment. he knew people would have smtg to negative say about this and did it anyway. and right after his issue with muslim fans not even a month ago.

The world? Please, the fact that you integrate the world into one problem shows how ignorant you are of racism things that happens outside the land of the states.

CA is highly a prioritized subject mainly in the US. Its an American issue. A Nigerian lady came to my company, and the thing she asks is "Would my hair be a problem?" She has dreads. And we were confused why her hair would take over her skills? She said it was the problem she had in the US and she had it straighten for 5 years before going back to Nigeria. So is it a problem in my country? No. Its the US. Silence tf out? We, the rest of the world have not been saying anything because in some parts of the world, the US issues doesn't exist. What is a racial issue is the black comments the Nigerian lady gets around here, now that is our country's issue. So keep being an ignorant fool for trying to put this as a "World issue". Its not. Its specific and it needs to be corrected by it's own volition, not swiped for everyone in one answer.

So unless you actually have real knowledge on actual racism in many parts of the world, don't even start.

The Muslim thing. Lol. I am a Muslim and I can say this with clarity in my understanding, Allah means God in arabic. It's not the Islamic God's name, Allah/God has 99 names in Islam. Its Arabic language. If you have a problem with Allah but don't have a problem with Eminem saying "Why be a king when you can be God", then its hypocrisy to it's core. Arabs around don't have problem with it because they understood the implies of the lyric. Yet its Indonesian and Malaysian Muslims who have problems with it. You know why? Because the 2 country's Muslims claims the word Allah as their word. Even if in the land of Arabia Allah can be equally said by Muslims, Christians and Jews, in Indonesia and Malaysia, the Muslims have claimed it, other religion are fined if they do and in my POV as someone who do see context, these 2 country's Muslims are just sparing in bullshit and egoistical racism of their own with such high arrogance.

While I understand all this, I still think he knows it will create trouble and did it because he knows it will create trouble. But when trouble happens, the real message he's trying to present gets sweep under the rug. He wanna show that this is what khip hop is about, but his PR obviously notice that the message will be lost in translation with the video. And she's definitely right.

Yet I gotta laugh at some twitter stans who had a problem with the guy in the afro, saying its not their dna. Lol who's stereotyping Asians now? Comedian Song Young Gil has a natural afro, and he's fully Korean. Tiger JK has so much volume in his hair people accused him once of CA too saying he is trying to be black with his afro. Korean ahjumma's literally have one of these styles plastered in their salons. Sometimes I wonder if these CA key board warriors even realize how ignorant they are despite of the "fight" they are attempting.

you're truly talking about of your ass with this. how would anyone even be able to track who followed him for what post and left him for another post and what their race is?

Easy. Go to twitter. His fans and haters are keeping track on it and makes threads after threads of users following and unfollowing him, just to be a receipt of some sort. Khh community in twitter is not that big so its easier to trace. His followers literally went down when he posted the Asian Hate on twitter. So by all means, as a fellow Asian I do think he has the right to be upset that while he supports BLM, the same support was unfound on his own race.

when y'all start saying stuff like this i know you don't actually get the point or want to get the point about why this upsets black americans. use the two braincells you clearly wrote this post with to think critically about WHY they only wear dreads and hairstyles like this when they're doing hip hop. THEY'RE the one who associate that stuff with black people and then boil it down to a stereotype to fit into "hip hop culture". its just annoying.

I have an opinion on why I don't get the US's CA issues. I do however understand the history of it's racism and to me it boils down to the country's inability to solve racism and the claiming of culture plus the appropriation that comes after, happens as a result of that. Thus the change that is needed is in fact the amalgamation of the country's races, instead of segregation of culture. That's thinking critically.

You didn't even realize that you are implying that its okay to have this hairstyle as long as it's intent is not stereotyping, which is actually in line to what douchey Jay says. You probably don't even realize you are agreeing to Jay Park's words.

Not really mad he brought up Asian Hate though. There is context to that. The black twitter stans that followed him after the BLM donations mostly unfollowed him after his first Asian Hate post. Some Asian stans also did the same, unfollowed him because of BLM and then followed him again after his Asian Hate post. Outside of JP's douchey tweets, it showed the ugly side of others in that app too. The side who only want to fight for their own color.

personally the US's cultural appropriation issue is ridiculous to me. Hair is just hair. And don't come at me about dreads being only black culture. I am of old Javanese descent and we do have dreads in our culture so excuse me for not claiming much about it because unfortunately to those who are sensitive to the issue, I don't care if anyone wants to wear dreads. In my country wearing dreads or not, its both acceptable so the problematic thing is not the culture or the so called appropriation, its the country called United States of America that doesn't accept it that needs fixing.

YET...HOWEVER

If he already knows its gonna create trouble and he still does it... like WHY?