Posts by oden007

I just went to NCT 127 last night and had a great time but wish I could have enjoyed it even more. This was my first kpop concert in a big stadium, so I didn't quite know what I was signing myself up for. I am aware that most kpop fans, especially in the US, tend to be younger than me (I'm a millenial), but it's just disappointing that I can't go to a concert and enjoy it like an adult. I am all for high energy crowds, but there's a difference between cheering/singing along and high pitched, relentless screaming. At one point Johnny did a shirtless dance and the girls next to me turned around to NOT watch because they were overwhelmed by how "rude" he was being. And making uncomfortable comments like these boys were their boyfriends whom they knew intimately well. I became acutely aware of how these adult men were being sexualized and infantilized by hordes of underage girls. My friend and I were kind of relieved we didn't convince our third friend, who is new to kpop, to come. I think kpop is really cool and frankly, the future of entertainment- the choreography, the theatrics, even the fan service is charming. But it's the demographic and behavior of the fans around me that was a turn off and reminded me that I am very much in the minority, even as a die hard NCTzen. Honestly, I blame myself for not bringing earplugs.