Posts by NothingButTruth

I remember testing this out a while ago. I made normal comments defending bp without insulting anyone and didnt get approved, same thing happened when I mentioned other groups in a bit of a shady way, not even insulting or anything.

Funnily enough when I said bp were untalented influencers it got posted very easily. So yeah this site is shit starting for the mod team.

Symptom of the many Once and Army mods unfortunately. Very few of them are unbiased.

The thread is best selling records, which is a term often used in the recording industry. Just means the most sales (1 download of a song and 1 album are both considered 1 sale). It's strange, but an industry standard (at least until recently) when talking about career success for whatever reason.
    2NE1 had insane downloads, so technically they are the highest selling Korean girl group when it comes to records.

hmm interesting. Other users posted the same and they are thriving, but my one isn't approved and its been half day. Is it because I'm a blink? Or thread was offensive? When actually it wasn't, but if it still was so should've been those other threads which got approved.

Edit: I didn't offend anyone or used bad words, just curios why?

To test this theory I attempted to make the same thread as one of the disgustingly sexist threads in anon, but I changed BP to Twice, and it didn’t get approved. The only different variable was the group in question. So the old wisdom that the mods are biased against blinks is indeed true.

Note: had it been posted I would have commented as OP it was just a post to test a theory and not to be taken seriously.

Charts are extremely longevity driven these days. From what I have see most smashes easily do 15-20 weeks inside top10. Songs that do lesser than 10 weeks mostly lack longevity at the end of their charting and freefall. So yes if SD pulls through in longevity it can become a hit otherwise most probably not. But it's too early to decide for sure. We'll see.

Next few months will be quite heavy on the charts with smtm, some potential October releases. Who knows some drama ost smashes.

Easily? 15-20 weeks is only like a handful of idol songs a year. I would say 15-20 weeks now is more like 10-15 weeks before the change in summer of 2020. Before 2020 only a handful of idol songs would get more than 10 weeks each year.

Charts are more longevity driven that's true, but not to the extent that less than 10 weeks signify a freefall. I can't think of any strong examples at least. Especially when you consider ULs, which you seemed to have missed. The chart positions are relative and based on timing.

Honestly first week signs are showing SD will be more mid level song. These days for a proper hit it needs to go above 10 weeks top10 on melon at least. But who knows it may rise a bit to go inside top5 on all charts

It’s ULs would be high enough to be #1 on half of the days this year. Chart position is relative. It is early to know how it will do long term but because it’s BP it will likely be considered a hit long term.

If 10 weeks on the top 10 of melon is the deciding factor for a hit song for you, BP still has more :x

I am not sure about that. I doubt PS itself has much downloads. Streams have absolutely taken over. But no doubt bp bsides easily outperform any ggs.

Bp's biggest problem is they hardly release music. I do feel they could bag more hits in sk. Now that's a prediction obviously.

That was just an example. Pretty Savage’s Gaon index is more than all of Twice’s b-sides combined, so it could be argued the same for downloads since index includes downloads. Of course we will never know.

With PV and SD they are up to 10 big hits in Korea, with more total weeks on the chart overall, and Twice also has about 10. So the B-sides put it over the top.

Will be hard to say what the future will bring

Streaming did exist then but overall total streaming wasn’t as big of the market as now. Just like downloads (but in reverse).

What I said doesn’t make your point at all. You can’t compare one song to another from different years, that’s true, but two groups that had songs from the same time periods and careers that overlap, you can get a clear picture of who is overall more successful. Both groups are handicapped in the same way.

It’s not a perfect way but comparing the index points of two groups from the same generation is as close as we’ll really get.

Actually I do wonder if bp would surpass twice in overall if it was points were taken from career beginning.

Twice has 22M downloads while bp has 12M. Twice's run from 2016-2018 was massive. Bp don't even release much songs. Even streaming certification twice is still above bp.

Hard to say since post 2018/19 downloads are scarce and we don’t know the total of downloads each song has after 2017. Some songs may be close to 5m but we don’t know which ones or how close they are until they hit it. a lot of songs could be hovering around 1-2m downloads while others might have just a few thousand. For example pretty savage probably has more downloads than all of Twice’s b-sides combined if Gaon index points are a sign.

Unlike index points we have 0 ability to judge post 2017 except for songs that manage to crawl to 2.5m

Those index points are not the same that we have now, they changed the way to calculate them in 2018, just how in 2010-2011 they had other index points (that we can't see now sadly, but I remember 2nd gen fanbases keeping track of them)

I think it's quite obvious Cheer up wouldn't have 485M index if it was the same.

As I said BP will surpass them eventually and I'm not even a once btw, but I just don't think it's a good way to compare both groups, or anyone with songs released before 2018 tbh.

Pre-2018 had little streaming, so the numbers were lower. Just like post 2019 downloads went down and the numbers were lower. All songs pre-2018 had this disadvantage, regardless of group, so it's fair. The index is a representation of the income generated by the song. 485m index isn't a representation of the impact necessarily.

I feel it's a fair way to compare groups. People just get rose-colored glasses about the strength of a couple years of songs to the point they think it can somehow prop up years of unsuccessful songs, as well as no even moderately performing b-side. Compared to a group that has had hits every year they've came back and b-sides that actually get sizeable index points.

Post 2018 numbers, BP will pass Twice very soon.
    Including pre-2018 numbers BP will pass Twice sometime next year.

About the total index points discussion, I'm not sure why you guys care about it that much? I mean, it works if you want to know who was more succesful since 2018 (still not sure about this because of how much the market changes and how there were 2017 songs that were still charting), but you can't compare the overall success of the groups that debuted before the index was created, it's like ignoring Cheer up, TT, PWF or Whistle happened.

Same for other acts, Bol4's 2017 numbers alone would probably be around 3-4B digital index points now, let's not even talk about IU and the points she'd have if the index started in 2010, she'd be 1st by far.

Regarding the comparison between Twice and BP in specific, if there was some metric that never changed since the debut of both groups, Twice would be ahead with a decent gap. BP would probably surpass them eventually (maybe with Born Pink in around a year or so it would be enough) so it's not that relevant, but I just don't think the comparison is being done correctly here.

There is gaon/circle data for the songs before 2018 that is being used. The index existed and Gaon made the data available for a while before hiding it. Twice just had too many years of heavily underperforming songs to make up for their very strong first few years. Even if the data wasn't available and we entertained your fantasy, BP has 10 songs that performed strongly, and many b-sides that also gained 40-200m gaon index, which add up since Twice b-sides rarely ever get any points. Twice has 9-10 songs that performed strongly (depending on where you put the cutoff) and only about 70m digital points across all the b-sides in their whole discography.

So no, Twice would not be ahead with a decent gap.

These spreadsheets have the old data included: bit.ly/TWICEstats
    bit.ly/BLACKPINKstats

Oh just checked. Twice was still #5 in June 2022, that's impressive..

So even if BP goes past them, there will be one GG in top #5

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not if but when

I think the owner is both a blink and a once right? Why else would they spend the time only to make for both groups?

The twitter timeline seem to suggest so as well

I take back my earlier statement about numbers (mostly). Since I contacted pepper before, they updated their incorrect figures. Seems Ice Cream is still off by 3,000,000 and Forever Young by 4,000,000, but not a big deal compared to before.

I think the owner is both a blink and a once right? Why else would they spend the time only to make for both groups?

I'm not sure tbh, maybe for receipts purposes to shade BP. They've shaded BP in the past before.
    Considering the Twice data is accurate and the BP data is not, something is up.

Yeah, that is why I didn't totally used his numbers, I mainly used KTL, SC and KaMu from him but TA, SU and PV of different sources.

If you use the yearly, half year, monthly and weekly charts (without any overlapping data) HYLT is actually a little higher in points than most data people post. But it's a pain in the ass to calculate.