Posts by gtfoh4real

Could have a million reasons ...

1) To make up for the release of her original solo being delayed for a year if not longer?

2) To prep the general public for a possible Solosé in the near future when BP is on another hiatus?

3) To provoke conversations about their motives and generating buzz? (Obviously works in this fandom)

4) Or maybe the song just fit sonically and narratively into the Born Pink universe?

"Hard to love" has me humming lightheartedly to a song that deals with trust and commitment issues. That's gold.

Sorry english isn’t my native language, I thought “connected” as a word would fit here.

No worries, I believe a lot of users here aren't native speakers (myself included). It's only semantics anyway, I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

I don’t know if you saw the reply of one user here who admitted that seeing the misogyny towards women in the music industry is also a reason why it’s harder for her to stan GG’s, as this reminds her of her own reality as a woman. I can totally understand this.

Yes, I've skimmed through some posts after replying - maybe I should've done that before? Or maybe it was good and I was able to avoid confirmation bias that way.

But I ask myself now why it’s more prominent towards GG’s and not solo Artists. Solo pop female Artists are also having a specific image and are presented in a way, GG’s are just a bunch of pop Artists in one Group.

I also find it weird that groups are perceived as inherently more manufactured than solo artists. Maybe it has something to do with the believe that in order to be your truest self, you have to express yourself as an individual, independent from your peer/group. Individualism vs. collectivism is an old debate, I always find myself thinking in those binaries and it makes me angry (at myself).

That comes from the fans of the GG themselves talking about them being restricted by their management and their focus forcefully redirected to other areas.

Although there is no way for fans to truly know what happens behind the scenes.

Fair enough, I did read posts by fans of BGs and GGs that voiced concern over the mistreatment and restrictions of GG members. Most of the time it seemed more like a proxy debate for other (fanwar related) issues though.

Interesting discussion. I've been wondering about that too and it'd be nice to hear more opinions from girls/women on this topic.

imo the "stripped down" stage production added a lot to the whole experience. The black n white was a good call.

I could focus so much more on the performance and choreography ... which was thoroughly enjoyable.

Here we can see the importance of blocking and movement also.

What an excellent performance ... really honored the song and choreography.

OT ... I wish they could come up with a 'minimalist' stage concept for Gone. Rosie with a guitar and a mic, good lighting ... intimate and vulnerable, instead of flashy. I'd love to see that.

The song in general is mellow, but has bombastic dramatic moments. I feel it goes well with her persona and the story they are trying to tell (fame is fleeting, what goes up most come down etc.)

She managed to emote vulnerability and rawness in a rather generic sounding electro-pop song. This in itself is an achievement and shows how much she's grown as an artist.

The MV is quite a different beast. The falling chandeliers are symbolising her celebrity persona that is coming undone ... the audience is shown that the grandeur and theater of fame is a performance ... wow, so much to unpack. I've only rewatched the MV 5 times so far and there are so many call-backs and satisfying visual storytelling moments .... mmhhm.

I'm going to say this ... there's something about Rosie that makes it impossible not to root for her ... she's the girl next door that happens to be a popstar. She's in a position of privilege yet you believe her struggle and can actually relate. I wish her happiness and a sense of completion now that she's finally released her single album. Can't wait to witness history in the making.

holy sh!t ... the slick guitar riffs, the melodramatic vibes of the MV ... this will be glorious on so many levels.

can't wait for the whole EP to drop, this is going to blow our minds. i'm really happy for her, aaah f!cking emotions ... :sadr: