What’s with all the bullying scandals

• I’m a kpop fan since 2017 and to me it looks like there has been a heavy influx of bullying controversies being spread, exposed, proven or had to be denied in the past 3 or 4 years.

Have bullying accusations always dominated the news in kpop pre 2017 like they do nowadays? I’m Seriously speechless. It seems like a common thing in korea and the way korean media portrays it, I assume there is a high possibility we all could be stanning bullies or people with attitude problems at this point. I mean how many people would have expected that someone like irene would be one of those idols? She always had that ice queen aura, but she seemed rather gentle and solemn.

Approved the thread.
  • There're just more and more haters with no life.

• It all started with the volleyball twins. They were dropped by their club amid claims of teenage bullying and it opened the door to a whole lot of accusations, either legitimate or fabricated, a la MeToo.

• I don't think irene would be a good example for all we know that stylist could have been bitchy her first statement about Irene was fishy

• There has always been bullying scandals of some degree, most you don't see or know because they were either in other industries or too irrelevant to be a big deal.

the S#arp scandal from gen 1 was legendary for instance. And Half of Sistar have been accused several times.

The only real difference between back then and now is that these set are coming in batches which is likely a response to the Metoo movement.

It's also why Debtoo and the molka wave were big moments as well.

• I don't think irene would be a good example for all we know that stylist could have been bitchy her first statement about Irene was fishy

A lot of big industry names supported her post and the editor had a recording… and I doubt Irene would have apologized if she was innocent. With her insta post she basically admitted to it.

• You're probably wondering why bullying is such a big deal SK. Check the suicide rates in SK, especially of young people. They take it seriously because it's not a minor fucking issue.

• Victims saw that they can get back effectively at their perpetrators.

So they're not staying silent after years of abuse.

Hope more victims come out in the future and that bullying gets talked about more and more often, considering how bad it is in sk.

And yes, there's some reports that were false, but mostly weren't so I still consider this exposing a positive trend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!