​Do you separate Boys Love (BL) from LGBTQ movies and series?

• When I talk about BL, I mean the ones whose target audience are fujoshis (women who ship beautiful men together). It's always about two beautiful men falling for each other. While I do enjoy watching some bl series, I find them too shallow and many times, unrealistic. Somehow, I always put it in a different box from actual movies/ series that tackle LGBTQ relationships (not necessarily romantic).

Some of movies/ series that I consider as LGBTQ in nature and not just BL:

KOREA:

No Regret (2006)

Going South (2012)

One Night Two Days (White Night) (2012)

Night Flight (2014)

In Between Seasons (2016)

Method (2017)

TAIWAN:

Eternal Summer (2006)

Your Name Engraved Herein (2020)

THAILAND:

Dew the Movie (2019)

JAPAN:

His (2020)

Quite a lot of bl movies and series came out from these countries but I find it hard to put them in this list simply because of the reason I put above.

• I read tons of BL novellas and watched sla few Lgtbq movies and they're totally different.

I also put them in a different box.

• I think if you're LGBT yourself or are consulting with LGBT about your stories, they can turn out different since you are conscious of the LGBT experience.

That is to say, that's what I would imagine is the difference between BL and LGBT stories... the latter has more real life reference while the other is more fantasy and not as considerate of that.

But that doesn't mean LGBT people can't enjoy BL or that BL is bad... that kind of escapism is nice and comforting to people.

• yeah i also put them in different box

• i don't like watching or reading bl.am i considered homophobic?

• Do you stay out of it because you hate seeing two people of the same sex together? If not, I don't think this is necessarily homophobic.

Nope fluff is fine but i feel uncomfortable seeing the overly intimate scenes.

• Nope fluff is fine but i feel uncomfortable seeing the overly intimate scenes.

I wonder as well

I have always been watching straight dramas so bl drama intimate scenes were quite new experience for me, it was okay with The Untamed cus there is not much like intimate scenes but u see they love each other just by their eyes and their flirts, its been giving so warm feelings

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!