Official ​Mai Kuraki Thread

• Mai Kuraki (倉木 麻衣, Kuraki Mai) is a Japanese pop and R&B singer-songwriter and record producer. After releasing her US debut single "Baby I Like" in 1999, Kuraki signed with Giza Studio and released her Japanese debut single "Love, Day After Tomorrow" in 1999. In 2000, she released her debut album, Delicious Way, which debuted at number-one and sold over 2.2 million copies in its first week. The album has spawned four top-three singles, "Love, Day After Tomorrow", "Stay by My Side", "Secret of My Heart", and eventually a 4th, "Never Gonna Give You Up". Eventually, the album was the best-selling album in Japan in 2000, and has been the ninth best-selling album in Japan of all-time.

She is also well known for one of the most beloved video game theme songs of all time (key to my heart from Tales of Destiny 2)

She also was presented with a Guinness World Records certificate in 2017, recognising her achievement for Most theme songs sung by the same artist for an animation series for her work in Detective Conan. In 2018, they also animated her on the 18th anniversary of her working on the show, as a guest character.

maxresdefault.jpg

This thread is to discuss any news regarding her music career.

Please be respectful in the thread.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!