Suggestion on lexicons

• Hey - just a suggestion. It would be great if there were approved editors or something on the Lexicon.

I know I’m a bit of a perfectionist and when I go back to tweak because of a typo or formatting error, I may end up doing this multiple times on a lexicon that has to be approved each time when it’s something pretty minor that really only bugs me. This gets particularly painful when I’ve just finished the update then realize there’s something I forgot to add while I was in there but I can’t go in and add it until someone approves it, which could be a few hours later. So now one of the mods has to update it twice when I probably could have made those tweaks in a five minute span.

I feel bad wasting their time for a paragraph break or a missing space (not bad enough to not fix it obviously and let it go but.. :-D)

I understand you don’t want it to be a free for all but it’s perhaps as simple as setting some criteria - like a person makes 30 good, thorough Lexicons and now can have the ability to make tweaks on an existing Lexicon without running through the approval process every time. (Obviously new ones would still need approvals and edits from people who aren’t the original author..)

Just a thought..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Official Post

I love the idea. Not sure if it's possible with the system, but we'll see. You made great points right there. Keep them coming.

Just make sure you tag me or Quark next time or post in the Lexicon Guideline thread. I don't check all the sections in the forum, so I almost missed this.

• I love the idea. Not sure if it's possible with the system, but we'll see. You made great points right there. Keep them coming.

Just make sure you tag me or Quark next time or post in the Lexicon Guideline thread. I don't check all the sections in the forum, so I almost missed this.

sure thing!

:thumbup:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!