Is boredom a good or bad thing?

• Well... I came across a random pin that had "Fun philosophical questions for kids" (I think that adults can answer those questions too)

Well... I think I have heard some people saying that boredom is healthy.

So, if boredom is healthy, then it might be a good thing.

Even though some people don't like being bored.

And I dislike the feeling of indecisiveness where I have no idea whether I should go read a book or draw or something. (I kinda have a "boredom box" for if I feel like doing something, but not knowing what to do)

I have been told that when I was younger, I was never bored. (maybe I have taken this too literally)

But maybe because I used to do a lot of creative stuff when I was younger.

I think I was maybe more creative when I was younger, but back then I maybe wasn't that much on the computer or stuff.

I have heard that nowadays, when people are bored, they just turn on the phone or computer and maybe scroll on social media.

I feel like I'm guilty of doing that too.

And when people are on busses and stuff, or maybe in the waiting room, they take the phone out of their pocket.

I sometimes don't do that. One reason is because I don't want some people to be like "young people nowadays on their phones" when they see me.

If I'm on a bus or something, I'll just look out from the window.

And if I'm in a waiting room, I most of the times read a magazine if there is one. (and I think that was one way for me to feel less nervous if I was at the dentist or doctor)

And sometimes in those kinds of places, I'm just deep in my thoughts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!