Netizens marvel at 11 year old North Korean YouTuber who speaks fluent English

• 0002745081_001_20220721094601962.jpg

Video: Who is the 11 year old North Korean YouTuber with an English accent?

Source: SBS News via YouTube

1. [+7,300] It's crazy to me that our lives can turn out so different just by which side of this tiny land you were born on. We should all be grateful that we were born in South Korea.

2. [+6,900] Songa-ya, find strength ㅠㅠ I hope that you're able to enjoy a semblance of freedom at least in your imaginations....

3. [+12,000] I can't imagine how very little of these high-class children exist in the north... how blessed of her

4. [+1,400] I'm just grateful to have been born in the south...

5. [+8,100] I will never understand North Korea's incessant need to look good and rich to other countries when their own people are starving to death... and the things that they choose to show off aren't even that flashy or impressive. What kind of country shows off their swimming pools? ㅜㅜㅜ

6. [+4,600] If Ri Chun Hee ever opened a YouTube channel, she'd get the silver button in a week

7. [+1,300] Her English accent is crazy impressive, though...

8. [+668] Not even kidding, her pronunciation is better than most students in our own country

9. [+467] North Korea and Russia have always been known for their impeccable language education because of their spy training. The upper class learns both English and Russian and spend hours listening, reading, and writing the languages with native teachers. They're able to go from baby talk to college debates in just a year. They basically brainwash their kids into knowing the language and it's not rare to see kids come away with native capabilities in a few months.

10. [+13,000] It's sad that she's such a talented kid and yet born in the north...

11. [+358] Still bizarre to me that a country like this exists in the 21st century...

12. [+5,700] She must be the daughter of a top, top, top, top, top level family. I'm seriously impressed by her English because you can tell she's not just reading off a memorized script. She must really be a member of the top 0.001% families over there. The way her home is decorated in her backgrounds... and there's just something wealthy about her flair. It's just sad that North Korea never seems to understand that propaganda like this isn't believed anywhere else. No one's going to look at her and think "wow~ North Korea looks like a great country to live in~"... We're all thinking "look at them manipulating a golden spoon daughter like this" ㅋㅋ

13. [+351] She's really good... but it's sad that she's being used for propaganda ㅠㅠ she seems like such a talented and cute kid otherwise..

14. [+234] It's surprising that there are young kids like her who are fluent in English up there... but you have to think that it's only the very minority, the richest of the classes who are able to reach this level. I hope that we reach a day where all kids can receive an equal education.

15. [+676] She must've been attending some Pyongyang international school since she was a kid. She's honestly really damn good.

16. [+598] It's obvious that she's the daughter of a rich family there but... I only feel pity for her because she's being used like this.

17. [+152] Such great news that the North Koreans are living happy lives, as exemplified in her vlogs. Looks like they will no longer be needing help from the rest of the world ㅎㅎ

18. [+898] Judging by the precision of her salute, her father must at least be an admiral;;

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!