Colde - Love Part 1

• 137368-ezgif-com-resize-23-jpg

I. Introduction

Love Part 1 is the second EP from Korean singer, songwriter and rapper Colde. It was released on May 31, 2019 and features 8 tracks, including the title track "WA-R-R" (와르르 ♥).

II. Background & Release

After releasing several EPs and singles as part of the kr&b duo offonoff and writing and recording with other artists, Colde released his first solo work in 2018, beginning with his debut solo single "Your Dog Loves You" in March 2018. Love Part 1 is his second solo EP and reflects the distinctive stripped back, guitar-focused mellow style that permeates his work for himself and other artists. This EP is less hip hop oriented than his debut EP and also encompasses jazz and blues overtones, notably in the bluesy single "사랑해 (I fxxking love you)". The title track is a smooth mid-tempo R&B song. Colde wrote most and produced most of the songs on this EP.

III. Tracklist

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Length
    "Love Is A Flower" Colde Colde Milena, haventseenyou 2:11
    "휴지퉁 (Love Makes Me Jealous)" Colde Colde Hansen 2:44
    "사랑해 (I fxxking love you)" Colde
    Colde Colde, Stally 4:03
    "WA-R-R" (와르르 ♥) Colde Colde Noden 4:32
    "Scent" (향) Colde Colde Stally, Colde 3:53
    "없어도 돼 (You don’t need my love?)" Colde Colde Stally 3:12
    "Endless Love holwave, Milena, Colde holwave, Milena, Colde holwave, Milena, Colde 2:03
    "내 곁에서 떠나가지 말아요 (Don’t Leave Me, My Love)" Han Kyung Hoon Han Kyung Hoon haventseenyou 4:45

IV. Spotify Playlist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Videos

WA-R-R:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I fxxking love you (explicit language):

Teasers:

VI. Reception

The album reached #24 on the Gaon Album Charts. The acclaimed album was nominated for Best R&B and Soul Album at the 2020 Korean Music Awards, while "WA-R-R" was nominated for best R&B song at the Korean Hip Hop Awards and Korean Music Awards.