Akdong Musician - Sailing

• I. Introduction

Sailing (항해) is the third full-length album by AKMU. It was released on September 25, 2019 with "How Can I Love The Heartbreak, You're The One I Love" serving as the album's title track.

II. Background

In September 2017, AKMU member–Lee Chan-hyuk–went on hiatus to enlist for his obligatory military service; he was discharged in May 2019. On September 5, 2019, AKMU's agency YG Entertainment released a poster notifying their comeback in two years and two months, since Summer Episode in July 2017. Next day, disclosing a teaser video, YG Entertainment announced the release of AKMU's third full-length album, titled Sailing. On September 9, YG Entertainment informed that the album would be released on 25th, and unveiled a teaser poster.

III. Tracklist

Title Length
    "Chantey" 2:18
    "Fish In The Water" 3:36
    "How Can I Love the Heartbreak, You're the One I Love" 4:50
    "Moon" 4:02
    "Freedom" 3:33
    "Should've Loved You More" 3:07
    "Whale" 3:19
    "Endless Dream, Good Night" 3:00
    "Farewell" 3:28
    "Let's Take Time" 3:42

IV. Spotify Playlist

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Videos

Teaser

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Official MV

Live Performance

VI. Concept Pictures

VII. Commercial Performance

"How Can I Love the Heartbreak, You're the One I Love" reached atop on the Gaon Digital Chart and Billboard's K-pop Hot 100 with 10k of copies sold.

VIII. Awards

Year Award Category
    2020 34th Golden Disc Awards Digital Bonsang
    2020 9th Gaon Chart Music Awards Artist of the Year – Digital Music – September