Monsta X - The Code

• The Code is the fifth mini album by South Korean boy group Monsta X. It was released on November 7, 2017 by Starship Entertainment. It contains seven tracks including title track "Dramarama".

I. Background

The Code marks the first production credit for member Jooheon on the track "In Time".

II. Tracklist

Title Lyrics Music Arrangement Duration
    Dramarama Seo Ji-eum, Seo Jung-a, Jooheon, I.M Andreas Öberg, Drew Ryan Scott A-Dee, Stereo 14 3:06
    Now or Never 별들의전쟁 (Galactika), Jooheon, I.M 별들의전쟁 (Galactika) 별들의전쟁 (Galactika) 3:11
    In Time Jooheon, Ye-Yo! Jooheon, Ye-Yo! Jooheon, Ye-Yo! 3:08
    From Zero Wonho, Jooheon, I.M, Brother Su Wonho, Rich Jang, Brother Su Wonho, Rich Jang 3:26
    X Oh Min-ju, Jooheon, I.M 어벤전승 어벤전승 3:46
    Tropical Night (열대야) Jooheon, I.M, Crucial Star Crucial Star, Kooky Kooky 3:44
    Deja Vu JQ, Kan Eun-yu, Kim Hye-jung (makeumine works), Jooheon, I.M, Choi Ji-hye Flow Blow, JJ Evans, Shin Hyuk Flow Blow 3:36

III. Album Preview

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IV. Spotify

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

V. Music Videos

VI. Concept Photos

VII. Commercial Performance

The Code peaked at number 1 on the Gaon Weekly Album chart after it's release. It also landed at number 4 on the Gaon Monthly Album chart and at number 25 on the 2017 Gaon Year End Album chart. In Japan, the album peaked at number 16 on the Oricon Album chart and at number 57 on the Billboard Japan Hot Album chart. It charted at number 2 on Billboard's World Album chart in the US and at number 12 on the US Heatseekers Album chart. In France, the album charted at number 120 on the SNEP Download Album chart.

"Dramarama" landed Monsta X their first music show win on the November 14, 2017 episode of SBS MTV's The Show. The song peaked at number 7 on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart and was included on both Dazed's 20 Best K-Pop Songs of 2017 list (number 10) and Tone Glow's 50 Best K-Pop Songs of 2017 (number 48).

In 2020, three years after it's initial release the track "From Zero" topped the Billboard World Digital Songs chart.

VIII. Awards and Nominations

Year Award Category Nominated Work Result
    2018 32nd Golden Disc Awards Disc Daesang The Code Nominated
    2018 32nd Golden Disc Awards Disc Bonsang The Code Won
    2018 20th Mnet Asian Music Awards Mwave Global Fans' Choice "Dramarama" Nominated