Isak N Jiyeon New

• I. Introduction

Isak N Jiyeon (이삭 N 지연) was a Korean pop duo that debuted in 2002 under SM Entertainment. After the release of their only album and various participations on SM Town's annual releases, the duo disbanded in 2004. Jiyeon, with the stage name of Lina, became a member of the group CSJH The Grace.

II. Career

In 2000, Jiyeon auditioned for SM Entertainment through the Starlight Casting System. Singing S.E.S's "Shalala" and Christina Aguilera's "Genie in a Bottle" and dancing, her vocal talent and charismatic performance helped her to stand out, and she went on to win the audition. Raised in America, Isak moved to Korea in the eighth grade and she attended Korea Kent Foreign School.

The group Isak N Jiyeon in September of 2002 debuted under SM Entertainment with the album Tell Me Baby.

After Isak N Jiyeon's debut album, Tell Me Baby, the duo also participated in SM Town's seasonal summer and winter albums. During these, however, Isak would sometimes be missing from songs and music videos, causing speculation that she had left Korea and/or SM Entertainment. Their website teased an album titled Part 2 and they had uploaded new teaser images but nothing came of it and the group was disbanded in 2004.

Unfortunately, during this time period, many of SM's artists were not promoted well and the group only met with moderate success. While Isak started to fade from the spotlight, Jiyeon did some music video work and maintained a steady presence in SM Town's seasonal albums. On the album 2004 Summer Vacation in SMTOWN.com, Jiyeon participated in a song alongside soloist Dana and the then-newcomers Sunday and Stephanie. This same foursome would go on to become the group CSJH - The Grace.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

III. Discography

IIII. Korean Albums

[2002.09.03] Tell Me Baby

[2003] Unreleased Album: Isak N Jiyeon - Part 2

IIIII. Compilations

[2002.12.07] 2002 Winter Vacation in SMTOWN.com (#4 Snow in My Mind (Shoo, BoA, Isak N Jiyeon))

[2003.06.02] 2003 Summer Vacation in SMTOWN.com (#11 Pray)

[2004.06.29] 2004 Summer Vacation in SMTOWN.com (#6 Haejugosipeun Yaegi, #10 Just One (Kangta, Moon Hee Jun, Isak N Jiyeon))