Chen - Dear My Dear

• I. Introduction

Dear My Dear is the second mini album of Chen, it was digitally and physically released on October 1, 2019.

The album features 6 songs and the title track ''Shall We?'' and its music video were released along with the EP.

II. Music and Production

''Shall We?'' produced by Kenzie, is described as a retro pop song that combines a sophisticated mood and romantic melody created by standard classic pop arrangements and lyrics about love.

"Amaranth" is an impressive ballad with an acoustic guitar, with a message of longing and consoling your loved one. "Hold You Tight" is an acoustic song with a cheerful guitar sound, the lyrics express the warmth and relief of hugging your loved one.

"You Never Know" is a ballad song that combines piano, double bass and drums, reminiscent of a jazz trio, combined with heartwarming lyrics about confessing to someone you love.

"My Dear" is described as brilliantly developed Britpop song.

Chen participated in writing the lyrics of the song which draws attention to the farewell of a beautiful love story.

The last song "Good Night" is described as is a healing ballad with a warm message.

III. Promotion

On October 1, before the album's release, Chen held a showcase event at Yes24 live hall in Seoul, South Korea for the media where he talked about the process of making the album.

On the same day, one hour before the album's official release, Chen held a comeback showcase titled "Dear FM to you who I love" which was streamed live on Vlive app.

On October 4, Chen held album fansign event at Yes24 live hall in Seoul. On October 8, a fansign event at Lotte World Tower Auditorium and on October 9, Chen held a fansign events in Busan and Daegu.

IV. Tracklist

1. Shall We?

2. My Dear

3. Amaranth

4. Hold You Tight

5. You Never Know

6. Good Night

V. MV and Album Tracks