Taeyeon - I

• I. Introduction

I is the debut mini album by Taeyeon, released on October 7, 2015.

The EP was recorded at SM Studios in Seoul, South Korea, and was produced by Lee Sooman.
    The album features 6 tracks with I being the title track.

Due to her previous success recording ballads for Korean films and televisions, the public expected Taeyeon to promote the album with a ballad title track. The singer, however, chose a pop rock song and expressed that she wanted to "make [her] solo debut with good songs regardless of their genres.

Upon its release, I received generally positive reviews from music critics. Lee Su-ho from South Korean online magazine IZM praised the EP's pop rock and balladic musical styles; they further hailed I for showcasing Taeyeon as a talented vocalist.Chester Chin from The Star labelled the album as "a collection of dynamic K-pop confections" with "refreshing" elements of soft rock as opposed to SNSD's signature bubblegum and electronic sound. He further deemed it as "a reflection of Taeyeon’s strength as a vocalist.

II. Commercial Performance

I was a commercial success in the singer's native country South Korea. It debuted at number two on the Gaon Album Chart.

Despite only charting at number two on the weekly chart, I was the best-selling album on the Gaon Album Chart of October with 100,923 physical units sold.

It became the sixteenth best-selling album of 2015 in South Korea, with sales figures standing at 119,576 copies.

III. Tracklist

1. I

2. U R

3. Gemini

4. Stress

5. Farewell

6. I (instrumental)

IV. MV and Album Tracks

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.