Posts by kinza3

Yes. It isnt my favorite genre since i tend to listen to more rock and metal oriented things. Folk is also one of my favorite genres of all time though idk if that counts as country. Most Pop country that gets played on the radio is doodoo but thats the case for almost every genre imo mainly because top 40 doesnt really have the best stuff out there. Personally i have a deep love for Hank Williams Sr. and as a lot of people do i also love Johnny Cash and living in the south this kind of music makes me feel at home sometimes if I just need to sit down and exist for a moment. Bluegrass is also a great subgenre of country imo because the instrumentation is often just insane and i love the folky feel of a lot of the vocals. Billy Strings is personally my favorite bluegrass artist atm since he plays bluegrass but sometimes mixes in some psychedelic elements. But yeah people do listen to country especially down here in the south. I think country gets written off as a joke of a genre too much just because most country people hear is the stuff that they hear on the radio but theres a lot of great stuff out there that people would probably like if they actually gave the genre a chance. Some recommendations would be Hank Williams Sr. Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, those are the first that come to mind for me