Posts by bae_lover

The bolded is all he said. I don't understand how you are coming to the conclusion that he said overwork doesn't matter and we should all accept it. Where are you reading that? He even said there were shadows and side effects.

After explaining why they needed to work extremely hard, he quite literally said that is just how they achieve things. I never said that he claimed overworking does not matter. Don’t put words in my mouth. I said he is being dismissive because allowing people to continually get overworked has real consequences, even if it may allow a few at the top to say they achieved something.

But why are you projecting/expecting a “solution” from this interview when we all know full well that such a real solution is beyond what any one KPOP act can do.

This interview isn’t about solutions to Korean society problems and the exploitative labor issues even. It was about RM’s POV re his career and his thoughts about industry. Again, your opinion is that his answers endorse the problems but they don’t. He is simply stating the truth. There are negative and positive aspect to it all - this is reality.

To change society at such a level takes time, awareness, policy change, and so on. Koreans society must enact the solution, not a KPOP idol.

I never said RM has to be the solution to their issues. Rather, what I did say was that by preserving the harmful status quo. Quote me where I explicitly said that he needs to solve this issue.

It's important to call out and challenge harmful cultural practices instead of supporting them. In this case, I highlighted how RM's response, "That's just how things are achieved," is dismissive towards the issue at hand. It implies that overworking yourself is okay since we will achieve things.

Moreover, this specific question was not solely about RM and his career. The interviewer specifically asked him about Korean society, and whether perfection and overexertion align with its cultural values. Therefore, this is a broader issue that affects many people and not just one individual. Culture is a collective experience that encompasses a group of people and their shared beliefs and practices.

And what does this have to do with anything RM said?

During the interview, the question was explicitly asked if perfection and overstraining are Korean cultural values. It is concerning to promote the notion that "that's just how things get done here," as this mindset preserves the kpop system that continues to physically and menta harm minors, as seen in the issue of overworking idols that many Kpop fans have raised concerns about. I guess all of a sudden it doesn’t matter.

Which had nothing to do with your whataboutism. Do that with your favs instead because acting obtuse on purpose says you will rather play dumb and make an issue that was not there than use the two braincells you have and recognized the interviewer did not pose the question like that from the first excerpt that told readers this was about MUSIC and the KPOP industry.

Ah right didn’t argue zero points I made and just threw out whataboutism. Because the interviewer made it obvious they were talking about if perfection and overstraining are KOREAN CULTURAL VALUES.

My first comment was addressing his viewpoint regarding the SOLUTION to South Korea's history. As previously mentioned, RM in question provided a valid explanation as to WHY Koreans feel compelled to uphold cultural values of perfection and overstraining themselves. It is a FACT that they rose from humble beginnings and had to build themselves up.

Nevertheless, it is undeniable that Koreans overworking themselves is an issue. It is possible for two things to be true simultaneously: that Westerners demonstrate orientalist tendencies and fail to recognize the effects of colonization, AND that the method by which Korea has dealt with this has, to a certain extent, normalized behaviors that are detrimental, such as excessive work. This is why I pointed out that the individual's assertion, "That's just how things get done," is both harmful since it serves to uphold a system that promotes problematic behavior.

Kpop fans wanting to paint any critique of their faves as being a hater is laughable. And all those reaction to my first comment showcase the issue with fans.

Tell me you have low intellect without telling me you have low intellect. Ain't nowhere in this very long interview is he dismissive of Koreans overworking themselves. The only question that he references "that's just how things get done" is in regards to the west moral faux superiority whenever they want to talk about the "dark side of kpop" as if they weren't being the ones that colonized nations and enslaving people. Now those affected by colonization have to work x7000 much harder to dig themselves out of that mess. He even makes a reference that it was just 70 years ago that they didn't even have all that they have now but thanks to the "grandparents" the people who paved the way with making Korea what it is today, at least in the music industry, that all of this success kpop is seeing is possible and it didn't just come by not doing anything like an analogy to the west. (you can even incur that since all the west "hard work" was stealing other nations resources, SK are battling the odds as a tiny ass nation of 50M people)

But that's what antis like you do. You inject whatever perceived issue you think BTS can get flack for when this whole article has been about his journey, the kpop industry, his music and his future. Let your favs, whoever that might be, play superheroes and tackle this injustice you just adopted and stop expecting BTS to play politicians. They're musicians. It's like you're being purposely obtuse when seeing the questions he was asked too and not one of them was about that topic at all.

My comment is only referring to the interviewer's question about whether upholding perfection, overstraining, and youth are cultural traits in Korea. I then took the time to critique how these same values lead to negative outcomes.

The dismissive phrase "that's just how things get done" is problematic in the context of Korean society, not simply the industry. It shows a disregard for the serious issues that Koreans face on a daily basis due to conformity to established values.

For example, the issue of overworking is a result of these values. Recent discussions have focused on increasing the workweek to 69 hours, despite evidence that longer work hours do not necessarily lead to increased productivity.

The promotion of Kpop idols who are minors is another example of the problematic nature of this phrase. Simply accepting the status quo and conforming to a system that is detrimental to one's mental and physical well-being is not a sustainable solution.

He gave a good explanation for why Koreans are like this, given their history. But the solution of simply accepting it is problematic and was the POINT of my first comment.

Two things can be mutually exclusive. It’s perfectly fair for him to say that Westeners are not interacting with Korea within its socio-political context and the questions are often patronising and don’t consider the impacts of colonisation.

But it’s also fµcked up to say that overwork is how progress is made no matter how much of a strain it causes the native. Which once again was the point of my fucking comment. The solution he gave to their history is problematic in 2023. Do I need to baby feed you this.

The only thing this guy did was dismiss the very real issues that needed to be addressed regarding Koreans overworking themselves. It is unacceptable to simply brush off these concerns, as they have serious consequences for the well-being of individuals and society as a whole. By claiming, “That’s just how things get done" this individual demonstrated how dismissive he is on this topic.

Moreover, it is deeply troubling that there are efforts to push people to work 69 hours a week by the new government, despite the fact that longer hours do not necessarily increase efficiency or productivity. In fact, overworking has been linked to a variety of negative health outcomes, including chronic stress, depression, and even heart disease.

It is clear that the work culture and economy in Korea are already causing problems for young people, leading to a persistent decline in birth rate. This is a complex issue that requires thoughtful consideration and meaningful action. Rather than simply dismissing the concerns of those who are suffering, we must work to create a society in which people can thrive both personally and professionally.

Don’t get me started when we add in the fact KPOP is pushing for more minors to be in groups. Making the statement, “That’s just how things get done.” Even more fucking stupid.

Thats exactly what it is. Fake media play trying to push a narrative that isn’t true. The top 3rd Gen visual will always be Irene. No one was beating her in 3rd Gen other than maybe Jennie.

Tzuyu dosen’t need to express herself more either. What is this comment??? It’s obvious Tzuyu is introverted and let’s sit here and act as if she didn’t get into a scandal at 16 that just idk maybe caused her to be a little hesitant???

Other groups possess the same tools to make themselves successful

You can’t actually be serious? BTS growth and success won’t happen anytime soon. You probably can’t even name another group they managed to do what BTS did. The reason being is because what they did is VERY rare.

Your bias is showcasing here. BTS is one group that managed to make it big. There are 20+ other groups that didn’t make it.

Her fans re weirdo for cyberbullying wonyoung at 14 yo ...i know this is not only her fans...

I dont found sakura is great singer...anyways she get hype cause she is japanese ...

No hate just truth

I remember sakura get hate in japan during hkt48...yet Lucky she is kpop idol now

Okay we get it you have an issue with Sakura Stans but don’t shit on Sakura like that. IVE WY looks are carrying her and the only reason she gets hype…… No hate though love :ooo-bee:

Or maybe these two groups aren’t the same people? I actually feel as though most kpop fans are okay with minors debuting. Despite the fact nearly all idols who touched on this topic have admitted it affects them mentally. I cannot fathom a literal child knowing how much this job can actually f you up mentally. Some of these kids are debuting at 13-14 meaning they started training at what 10? Yeah no that’s crazy and should be against the law.

Lol, good. I cannot imagine who tf stans this problematic ass group. First the n-word allegation and how horrible the fandom reacted, to consistently talking about the weight of one specific member. Iland must have wrecked these men's brains because they keep getting into controversy.

4th Gen is the most boring Gen and won’t leave any global impact.

As kpop continues talent won’t matter anymore. It will be about visual, relatability and marketing and that’s it.

New jeans concept only works because tons of young Gen Z people can’t let go of when they were teens and want to go back to the good ole days and not want to grow up.

BTS V is a moody ass coward. He can call out his fans for delusion and crossing the line but not when it’s about his girl.

if she is that thin on camera she is an even skinner in person. How is wonyoung able to perform and mc without collapsing? Is she taking IV drips & stamina boosting drugs?

To add what's really weird about Wonyoung case is that I distinctly remember Korean netizens being all over Sunmi years ago when she was very skinny. They constantly talked about how she should gain weight. But Wonyoung is even skinnier and no one seems to care? Also, they are shitting on Liz to lose weight yet aren't speaking up about WY being alarmingly skinny???