Posts by Queeeenie

Yummy got nominated for best Pop Song

The Weekend didn’t got nominated I don’t need to say more.

Also best charting isn’t = most popular.

There's still a connection.

A lot of times people here say that it shouldn't be based on numbers and charts.

You said that some even charted bad but charting is definitely not the be all and end all at the Grammys, your album or song can spend a week on the chart and you can still be nominated in a main category.

I don't think anyone will ever agree on who deserves what.

You mentioned that some charted badly but that's what it is like at the Grammys, it isn't a 100% popularity contest. Which should be a plus in people's eyes since that is what everyone complains about in award shows, they want it to be just strictly critic-based instead of numbers-based.

Be specific though, which wins and nominations don't you like?

I wish Take Me To Church won SOTY and Lemonade won AOTY.

Hotline Bling winning best rap song even though it wasn't really a rap song still tickles me.

The article is from October 2019

You are talking about this now because?

No only rap in particular. Rap is particular is about words and lyricism. What sort of a random question eye- your question of itself proves why kpop fans shouldn’t talk about rap eye-

You can enjoy any rap you want. But to technically judge rap you can’t do so without lyricism. And that’s what everyone here is trying to do saying xyz rapper is better than so and so with no knowledge of the actual lyricism.

It's not really fair to say they have no knowledge of it, especially in the world we live in today.

Delivery matters too, rappers are judged on that on shows like SMTM. There are a bunch of different aspects to that.

People also learn from the judgements of other critics, peers and veterans within the industry. It's similar to what people do with singers tbh. Fans can still make judgements, just with caution.

I was using a bit of hyperbole to make a point. Granted, I am also distinguishing the term "stan" from "fan" based on my own probably arbitrary definition, but when I meant more was that people who "stan" artists in pop music tend to be extremely focused on the sales/awards/achievements/status of the artists, often talking about those things far more than the music itself. Now I am not on any western pop music forums, but I have observed this on Twitter, and Reddit and places like that. This contrasts to a lot with "indie" or rather just lesser known artists, where of course people want them to be successful, but for example, I used to be on a progressive rock forum and most of the posts were in depth musical analyses with almost no mention of sales or awards and the like. I will add that I am not making a positive or negative judgement either way. People should be able to enjoy their hobbies in whatever manner they please, but just making an observation based on the prompt of the thread.

Western pop fandoms are very competitive, yes.

I don't think they necessarily are fans of those artists just because of those achievements. They still are genuinely very interested in that artist and the work they produce but in addition to that they are interested in their career trajectory.

I never paid attention to BTS' stats until I started spending time here, forums really do something to you...

go search for it I don't have the time to look at BTS content. I'm not an army

V have always like to attached himself with Gucci that's why army picked it up and try to get the attention of Gucci with a Twitter campaign

you're right V is more than fine without a Gucci deal. that is why I'm confused why armies are so pressed.

I am just saying that Gucci did not want V as an ambassador. which are facts

You literally called BTS hobos, you clearly have something against them. That's why you're being quoted. That and because you are basically talking out of your ass. Taehyung didn't call himself Gucci boy or beg for a campaign. He actually has other interests.

They don't really do individual shoots or interviews or anything like that anyway, for any brand or magazine, so the whole conversation is moot.

You know what success stan means?

Stanning because of Success to flex achievements of the group.

I still don't think that is the case for the vast majority of fans.

It's the other way around. People flex when they stan a group that is successful, and yes some take it too far.

Most people here take notice of these numbers and other achievements because they act as receipts to use when their group's impact is questioned. It isn't surprising when people are so quick to say someone flopped.

I'm sure you feel proud of EXO when you make achievement threads for them, it's the same for many others too.

It seems many kpop fans don't really like kpop that much, which doesn't really help in removing the stigma.

Those people you mentioned who think most kpop is bad don't really consider themselves kpop fans, just fans of a few artists, who they see as exceptions.

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but the vast majority of pop (not just Kpop) music stans are mostly success stans, with a sprinkling of varying other priorities. We are often just not self-aware enough to realize it.

How does that work?
    It's the stans that cause the success in the first place.
    The industry wouldn't be able to sustain so many active groups if that wasn't the case. Nearly every group starts off with no fans.

You're gonna need to show me where he was calling himself Gucci boy

They all wore imitations when the company was poor

I'm sure he is doing just fine without a Gucci deal, there's no big struggle for it on his end. It's perfectly fine with me if he isn't doing that stuff, I don't follow him for his modelling.

He has not been begging for a campaign.

Where has he been mentioning it everywhere?

His style hero is his dad.

Just because he wears Gucci sometimes doesn't mean that it is his goal to be come an ambassador.

They've never expressed an interest in being models, and they don't need to go down the route as artists and entertainers.

They don't even name drop fashion brands, whenever they talk about clothes they talk about their own general style and fit.

This is not the drag you think it is.

Well if you dislike their music, live performances, fashion & music videos now, as you've said previously, and you don't want to be an army then it's a good thing you were "discharged" and have moved on.

I mentioned you because it's your thread and he was trying to provoke you by mentioning BTS.

Your words not mine lol

Bts releasing 35 songs in 2020 pretty sure means they occupy the largest percentage of that 95% crap music :)

You do realise that other groups have multiple comebacks a year right?

I won't say any names but others have released just as much if not more.

Use your brain for a second and think about what you're implying. They make up a tiny percentage of all the kpop music that exists.

No, they don't make up 95%.

Lizyy isn't even an army so I don't know why you would even say this to her, she dislikes them more than you do, and thats saying something when you think they've tainted the future of kpop.