Posts by aclassyteaparty

For everyone clamoring for her to get jail time: it's not great for society to default to throwing people in jail. It shifts resources from health and recovery systems to punishment. It increases infections and viral loads. Inmates are at a higher risk of assault, sexual assault, and rape, which has long-term lasting impacts. etc. etc.

You can think "someone who drove recklessly should be punished" and there are ways to do that that don't needlessly put people in prison for a year. I don't know the specifics of her case, so if she killed someone or something then that changes thing, but just driving drunk, this seems really harsh. It would be better for her (and by extension, society) if she was fined, sentenced to probation, and required to attend an alcohol recovery program.

drunk driving is attempted murder imo. i think its naïve af to say this is "needlessly" throwing someone in jail. people who are a danger to society should be off the streets. i agree that the prison system in many countries is fcked up and needs reform, but that doesnt change the fact that some people DO deserve jail time. your own moral judgement doesnt change that.

Why is it so hard to find good vocalist? oh well they ditched only good vocalist on the show because of stupid facial expression, at least i am happy cus Geonu has debuted, and what about K? If they didnt have any plan to debut him why waste his youth and use him for their shit show to stir some drama, he has given up for his University and his athletic career for music, i have been waiting over a year for his debut no one understand how hard it was for me and other hybe jp boys fans, if they ditch them they will get their karma one day

...what?

K's debut was in the hands of voters and they failed him. the judges would have put k in the group if it wasnt for sunoo also being in the bottom, which was also the doing of voters.

even the first season of i-land was watched by more people internationally and in korea than girl's planet. so its not going to be surprising if s2 gets better viewership ratings or if s2's final group does better than the gp999 group. people are especially more interested in hybe's first original gg in years while people have grown tired of mnets bs with produce 101 affiliated shows

i mean real media play is a combination of those two things. like a company pushes articles about their group heavily that overhypes achievements that rlly arent that big or that basically lie about things the artist has achieved especially in comparison to other big groups.

you're absolutely bonkers to twist this in such a way. yeah, we all know it was antis of bts who were forefronting the woh "backlash". many people did everything they could to start shit about bts back then and those people were very much female fans of other groups. and many armys throughout those years and even now were manipulated by the tactics of those antis and also joined in on the criticism during such "scandals". it has happened more than once. so yeah, some of it DDID come from women in the fandom, especially on the korean side which is what they saw. when bts gets backlash, they take it seriously. even if we can clearly see certain things come from antis, to them its just people raising concerns bc they cannot tell any comment simply saying "this thing you did is misogynistic" is from someone who hates their guts. and again, sometimes fans also join in or people posing as fans saying things like "i was a fan until you did xyz" and there is no way for them to decipher that.

the fact is namjoon has done everything in his power to be a more thoughtful person and to understand how his own actions can contribute to racism, sexism ect. everyone should do that whether they get criticism for a specific action or not. its not even about him "educating" himself but about being mindful of the things you do and how others could potentially perceive those things. how can you even say him having a better understanding of things HE was criticised for is automatically saying anyone who defended him is stupid? like can we at least use common sense?

honestly speaking itzy would benefit from a bit of a concept change. they're serving weki meki tbh and thats not rlly the concept thats in right now. their first few cbs heavily benefited fromt he "jype's new group" tag and one of their songs did have a portion of the dance go viral, but its not enough to sustain their presence. they need something that will actually capture the public outside of kpop stans again.

people always lash out at bts bc they do what they want. i have no doubt corden is being shady bc bts didn't give his show the time of day for their recent butter and ptd promo when they went on fallon again. so he took the mask off and said what he's always wanted to say. after all that pretending over social media and kekeing with the same fans he's attempting to make fun of.

i think the drama was good for the genre it is. it seems like people who don't like it have never watched this type of death game drama/anime/movie before. its literally a korean version of alice in borderland and did a better job of developing side characters than even that drama did imo.

just to rebut some of your cons

i agree there were plot holes and things that annoyed me. but overall it was prob a 7.5/10 drama for me for style alone.

do people seriously think multiple versions don't effect sales....? im honestly baffled. why else would companies be doing multiple album versions and even pushing the envelope for how many versions of an album is acceptable if it meant nothing? why do some groups literally have 100+ photocards total for a single album? its not rocket science. every group would be doing only one version which was a norm for a very long time if it meant nothing.

wowwww. the person who made that thread about how the public is changing sentiment on hyunjoo bc of youtube looks silly now. april stans are just trolling her like they have been from day one. idg what they want from hyunjoo anymore. she didnt rlly...do anything. her brother is the one that spoke up for her and dsp just made the situation 100x worse with how they handled it. why tf is anyone suing her? she prob doesnt even have the money to pay it off even if she did lose. they just want her to suffer.

if umg is paying for it hybe made out like a bandit lol

i don't rlly get why this type of shit always makes armys froth at the mouth. trying to create a group that can have major success in a bts fashion isn't saying they want a bts 2.0 per se. they just want to sustain bts' legacy and they want to sustain hybe as a business using tactics that THEY created that worked for bts. is it possible that will never happen? sure. but its not true that hybe will never make another successful bg. enhypen for one is HUGE rn. they sell a lot, have a lot of engagement on social media, and txt is just one good cb away from blowing up in sk. hybe is going to continue their ventures in making successful bgs. hybe is going to mention bts bc bts, is in fact, their bg.

the use of the word "formula" seems to me that they think they have certain actions they did in nurturing bts' growth that are tried and true. i don't think anyone in hybe believes they are the sole reason for bts' success. but they are a decent part of it and armys need to stop subtly denying that bts would have been what they are without hybe. hybe put the members together in the first place and put faith in all of them that many other companies do not have in even their senior artists. they trusted in bts' vision, in their personalities, in their music skills. and that allowed bts to become who they are. hating lenzo doesnt erase that. i could care less about the guy as long as he doesnt screw over what bts' is doing.