Posts by acadz

With Solar new TV program, I knew something was up lol. Mamamoo members usually don't promote unless they're releasing something.

And is Mamamoo coming back for you/WAW a hint to Decalcomanie era? It's been a long time since we got a vocally heavy title track.

Total Digital Points in the 2020 Yearly Gaon Digital Chart (I'm to lazy to sum over all months and even more over all weeks)

1. Oh My Girl: 1,178,182,476
    2. Blackpink: 1,098,736,404
    3. Twice: 764,530,363
    4. Itzy: 718,605,154
    5. Red Velvet: 693,910,356
    6. MAMAMOO: 669,122,542

If anyone wants a more correct month by month or even week by week, feel free to do it. Or ask massive for the numbers.

Why even post a list if it's inaccurate. If you summed up the numbers from here https://xn--o39an51b2re.com/gaon/yearlyjisu/2020 the list is like this:

2020 Girl Group Cumulative Digital Points

1. BlackPink - 1,433,455,863 (12 songs)

2. Oh My Girl - 1,251,102,188 (5 songs)

3. Mamamoo - 758,368,792 (5 songs)

4. Twice - 753,299,906 (8 songs)

5. ITZY - 740,875,128 (4 songs)

6. Red Velvet - 721,952,443 (5 songs)

7. IZ*ONE - 651,676,087 (22 songs)

8. (G)I-DLE - 432,268,348 (4 songs)

Not Moomoos downplaying Red Velvet while simultaneously trying to pretend like Wheein didn't flop lmao If at least Mamamoo sold albums maybe then they could try coming for Seulrene and Wendy. It's been 7 years and still the same inferiority complex

Man you're talking as if Mamamoo had horrible album sales lol. RV album sales is closer to Mamamoo than to the really higher tier groups in this department like BP, Twice and IZ-ONE.

And Wheein did flop domestically in charts with her recent album but she already had songs that charted #1. I'm pretty sure she could easily charted higher with a ballad.

Long time no see acadz, I remember you from LABOUM official thread on another forum. And ikr, the girls have such public friendly songs. I always wondered why the public chose to sleep on them despite Solbin being promoted well and decent number of comebacks with public friendly songs from 2014-2017. Ik they slowed down since 2017 because of some messes but they key is mostly the early years.

I really thought Laboum were already on the rise during Hwi Hwi era but NH Media/Nega messed up with that album sales controversy. They don't really need a win that time and it only gave them bad press since IU was involved with it.

Hopefully their company is not broke and still functioning so they can make something good with this opportunity lol.

I'm a fan so this might come as bias but I think Laboum deserved at least one HIT given how good their discography is. JTA wasn't my most favorite song from them but it's their most public friendly one and it evokes so much feels and nostalgia so I'm glad that it's rising right now.

how far did it get on the charts?

Even with new releases it's still rising slowly

#36 Melon

#3 Genie

#18 FLO (NCT Dream new songs are still lining in this chart so this one can be higher)

#2 Bugs

Eh?? All the songs on watercolor charted tho....

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Ofc all those songs of hers were mega hits cuz they were ballads right? Mamamoo member releasing a ballad is kryptonite on the charts. They have great voices. I actually didn't like water color so much tho. I feel their voices suit power vocal or ost type songs more.

Yeah I think the title track and album did well in iTunes but not really in SK. watercolor charted out of Melon top 100 after a week.

Wheein did say in the past that she doesn't really like ballad that much so I think she will continue to release this kind of uptempo title tracks and ballad will probably just come secondary.

Sadly it seems like public only love ballad from Wheein lol. Her latest solo song watercolor is good but it didn't charted as well as Anymore, Goodbye or her Hospital Playlist OST.

BP

OMG (although I expected their new release to smash; it will probably rise more with promotions)

Mamamoo

Twice

(G)IDLE/Itzy

RV - Psycho was a long time ago and sub-unit/Wendy didn't do that well so I don't know where to put them

Brave Girls - still need to see how a new song from them will chart

Cause their latest charting in korea is quite luckluster?

Mamomoo - at least their prerelease reached #7

ITZY is outcharting them soon now at #13 (but longevity another question)

OMG had two monster hits and D3 seems like another moderate one for them

Aside from BP and BG, only Gidle made it to top10 on Melon

gidle didn't reached top 10 in Melon daily, not with Dumdi or Hwaa

I like Turn it On but if that scenario happens, I wish it will be Aalow Aalow. It's retro which is popular in SK nowadays and probably their best song imo.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The song also rose up last March (around #120s) but failed to enter Melon daily chart top 100. Now it's sitting at #89 in 24 hits chart and rising.

External Content twitter.com

I don't think they did as good in charting but their sales is like 10x higher so ithink its pretty equal right now with Mamamoo surely passing them if they continue/renew.

Not pretty equal. Sistar probably has 1.5-2x better digital sales in SK but Mamamoo has 4x album sales (6x if you consider members' solo sales) and 7-8x concert attendance. Sistar also didn't reach the recognition Mamamoo has right now in China, Japan and US.

And to answer the question of the OP, yes Mamamoo already surpassed Sistar a year ago or so. I guess physical sales and international recognition only matters when people are talking about their favorite groups lol. And it's not like Mamamoo are nugu in SK, they are pretty much the recognized vocal group of their generation.

obviously it took 4-5 years for the 3rd gen groups to replace the 2nd gen groups, but it doesn't changes the fact that 3rd gen started in 2012 with debut of exo.

I don't have a problem if people consider transition groups like AOA, EXID and Crayon Pop (all debuted in 2012) 3rd gen groups. What I am confused is why people blatantly cutting off the 3rd gen timeline. Especially 2018 which was definitely a clear 3rd gen year with 3rd gen mega hits like BBoom2x, Starry Night, D4 and DTNA.

If 4th gen really started in 2018 that means 3rd gen only ran from 2012-2017, which is relatively short considering how 3rd gen groups are still leading the pack even now. In comparison 2nd gen apparently started with TVXQ and ran for 9 years (2003-2011).

3rd gen was an enormous reset with multiple 2nd gen groups disbanding or going into hiatus. The powerful 3rd gen groups are still going strong, so there is not a huge shift. Definetly not hte same situation. Also with the focus on global market, charting in Korea is less important.

That's the question. If 3rd gen is still strong and there's no shift whatever, why a 4th gen have to start? And there are really not much distinction with these "4th gen" groups to the 3rd gen, it's not like they invent or reinvent something.

I kind of agree but RBW was probably also pressured to give a comment since the group contract was already up and there are no news whatsoever and media outlets are already asking. Hopefully the "positive" part means that WheeSa are already in the middle of signing their contracts and they just had to rush and give this statement.