Posts by FSXP

I think people are prematurely jumping to name a new generation. Why? I don’t know why they’re so desperate for the start up of a new generation. Wonder Girls and SNSD started in 2007 and Sistar/Apink/EXID begin 3-5 years after them yet we consider them all the same generation. In a couple years, there could be a new generation at the forefront, but who knows if it will be the groups called 4th Gen now. The groups that are called fourth Gen now will be on their contract renewals. Will people consider them ending of the 4th Gen or just the end of the 3rd Gen. Regardless, generation don’t matter. Groups have different paths and some could live well on into the next generation or not. I say stop focusing on a generation and just enjoy the music.

Honestly, I don’t know how much the new system can be blamed for Epik High’s charting cause technically they did chart high on the real-time charting system and they climbed the 24Hits pretty quickly and made two songs chart top 10. The interest was clearly there, but I don’t know if the songs latched with the people or public that was interested.

Are you really sure BlackPink is going to get more popular, is going to get more fans? Because fans are dropping the boatloads if they keep releasing all these trash singles.

I guess people aren’t getting the memo that the singles are trash. Maybe next time.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don’t think people expected BLACKPINK to achieve this much popularity and wrote them off as supposedly staying always second and never first. It’s like we’re in this weird space where technically TWICE sold more (they had way more releases) but on average BLACKPINK is technically doing better in most avenues. On top of that, it’s not like BP’s popularity is stagnant. They’re only continuing to get more popular. I think it also has a lot to do with this generation shift that isn’t quite as apparent as people like to believe because BP is performing better than supposedly 4th Gen groups (who honestly didn’t debut that long after BP).

Well, you make sense I guess

People took the black and pink and ran with it. It’s not literal. YGE actually stated BLACKPINK meant, "The meaning of BlackPink aims to contradict the common perception of the color pink. Pink is commonly used to portray prettiness, but Black Pink actually means to say that 'Pretty isn't everything'. It also symbolizes that they are a team that encompasses not only beauty, but also great talent."

Their concept was never this is black and this is pink in the first place. BLACKPINK doesn’t have a dual concept and they were never marketed as such. Everything falls under the single brand of BLACKPINK and how they mix it between, girl crush, hip hop, pop or feminine aspects of their personalities and music. They are simply BLACKPINK. The concept doesn’t matter. They explore various sounds under the group.

That’s like asking if the sun will come out tomorrow. It’s impossible that she won’t. In fact, the system will probably favor her and she will likely stack almost the whole top 10 and her b-sides will likely have much more longevity now.

Well, the probability of LSG breaking the GG record for Melon top 10 increases. Honestly, I didn’t expect it, but if it does at least it’s with a song with their first writing credit

Because charting indicates public popularity and public popularity brings in CFs and Advertisements. They’re very lucrative and are more important than album sales (regardless of how much albums you sell, groups are not seeing all that money, they’re splitting it with company and production on top of that with each other and writers and producers). CFs are likely only a step below concerts in terms of generating revenue.