Posts by ilikeJB

currently just finished the first episode and tbh found it a bit boring.... should I continue? does it get better? is it very slow placed?

It can be considered a bit slow paced for a drama but I think it got better by episodes. You do sympathize with a lot of the characters by time and until now I am still very attached to the character Yoo Han Yang. He's one of the reason I kept watching and even cried at one point for him.

He was just complaining about the situation on a live on IG (lowkey, for sure. He can't be straightforward about his situation).

He is far from okay about whatever is happening on JYP behind the scenes.

He was complaining about the amount of politics involved in music these days and how much it can kill passion, and also talked about people who have lots of money wishing to have more, then said that he doesn't care about not getting much money from his work, and what he actually wants to do is to make music.

While I sympathise with Jae, there are precedents in the same company that he could follow despite all the politics.

1. Got7 JayB formed his own crew and had worked with Warner Music Korea to release his own music (WMK got connected to JYPE in 2019 for songwriting).

2. Got7 Jackson formed his own company even if he can't promote his solo in Korea, but he can produce music a lot and freely.

3. Baek Yerin went around and got her own gigs in festivals and even sang unreleased songs.

4. 2PM Taecyeon hired 3rd party managers to manage his solo works and even had the 3rd party manager negotiate with JYPE on his behalf.

All 4 left obviously but prior to leaving they all fought to have some kind of freedom in their work. Jae could pursue like these 4.

Holy shit, thats a lot of info. Thanks for going in depth, now I understand better :melon_think: I think I better read articles about this too if I actually want to have knowledge on the subject as well. It seems at the end Twice was the group that saved JYPE (with Suzy + other groups keeping it afloat for as long as they did) but everything came at a price

JYPE was doing well thanks to GOD, Wonder Girls, 2pm and even Rain. Those are all huge profits but the thing about JYP as in Park Jinyoung, he's ambitious but don't know much about implementation. He wanted to go to the States and he brings Wonder Girls, created JYP America and ended losing a lot of money there.

Then 2PM and Got7 helped to stay afloat, Twice saves it BUT the recent profit that doesn't even get close to last year is due to a bunch of weak investments. Got7 while they are expensive, they are a strong arm in JYPE, stronger than SKZ and Itzy due to years of loyal fanbase but I think SKZ and Itzy should be able to cover the blanks just fine in time. Got7 leaving had an impact obviously, but what really drags JYPE down is again, unnecessary investments. It was earlier this year that reports came up that JYPE lost a lot of money to a really bad investment in the market. So the idols can do really well but the execs just kept losing money. That is the main problem in JYPE.

Another bad investment, that organic cafe they have in the company, artists and trainees gets to eat for free but staff still needs to pay. Artists don't even come to the company that often and trainees don't even train in that building. The food had gone to waste daily and 2 mil won on that to also go to waste, that's a huge money loss. And organic is not even proven to be "healthier", so what they have is really just words by Park Jinyoung.

Seemingly, even with 2PM can help steady the company, even if SKZ and Itzy can also contribute more and more and even if Twice kan keep JYPE always up, it will always gonna be dragged by horrible investments. And by always going through horrible investments, they probably would also always keep Twice as a group.

I think it's just his age

he soon will be 30 by Korean age I guess that's the point when as an artist you no longer want to follow someone's decisions and you want to make your own ones in terms of creativity etc.

and it's sad because they are entering the last year of the contract so this all might end as a situation when for example he won't renew and then go to military...

Jae is American.

I'm confused because isn't this the same JYP that was suffering financially until the release of Twice? How exactly did Suzy solo cf save the company? If anything it just overshadowed the group and the group is what most fans are concerned with. I don't want itzy to be overshadowed by one member getting all the spotlight, but I also don't want them to have 0 solo projects and cfs, I don't think its that crazy to ask for a balance so that fans don't have to lose their favorite group in exchange for a soloist.

JYP has been suffering since 2012. It was the time when JYP America failed miserably and this is mostly how JYP lose money, not because their artist aren't doing well but their execs made bad investment moves on the market.

2PM kept them afloat with Japan tour but 2PM renewed their contract right before their Asia tour and they probably negotiated some salary increase and higher profit division. Seemingly 2pm starts to actually really earn good money after their second contract but for JYP, it also means less profit for the company and 2PM is only helpful to get the company to stay afloat.

JYP knows money is mostly on tours and albums, and with 2PM's increased salary they needed a new group to help on the profit, so they created Got7, a group that was hustled to bring up the profit more. And in 2014 they actually did rise up to the big 3 again with Got7's Japan Debut was a success. But Got7's contract was... unique. They were set for Thailand, Chinese and Japan market so most of their contract has the 70% artist and 30% profit company for the overall earnings. And they went big in those countries including some parts of other countries as well, that they became too expensive for JYP to manage, and JYP ends up losing money to Got7 because they had to pay Got7 more and more.

Twice came about with the reminder that they shouldn't pay too much to the idols group and had a more company reasonable contract. Which is when Cheer Up became a hit, JYP also soared because they get the profit and could manage the artist without anything being too expensive. Twice was finally the group that can make them the profit that can increase their own margin. And more than the "another Suzy theory", JYP probably want to keep all of them in a group because the profit for a whole group is better.

For Suzy, she does help JYP but not save it. In my opinion, not even 2PM and Got7 saves it. Twice definitely truly saved it because they were the ones that had the more properly balanced contract (whether or not its fair to Twice, that's another story). 2PM had a negotiation for a new contract while Got7's contract was uniquely very good to the artist. Twice's contract was just nice for the company to really pull profits.

But then for Twice they got forced to forget much of solo works. Because JYP "needs to pay bills" and group works is the best to do that. Sorry to say this but JYP is still pretty much very profit only company. They had to keep 2pm so they allowed a new salary increase in the negotiation and they created Got7 only to cover up the blank profit spaces left by 2PM, only to have it backfire since Got7 became too expensive for them to manage. Twice was really their saviour.

Yes... Fanwars are majority unnecessary and just clown party, but bullying is a big no. I hope your friend is ok!

She's fine now but her anxiety level did get really high. She said the Goldeness apologized but also blocked her after the apology which is um... whatever. The other one who sent her death threats got the account suspended. She said some Goldeness tried to DM her but she was tired so she blocked all of them without replying.

Actually i understood, what i didn't understand was goldeness aggressiveness with others... If the things you said are true, than poor girl who was bullied by b on internet.

I dunno what's true either. Like last week I saw a news IG about Goldeness aggression to Aroha which is like ok whatever move along because I thought its another useless fanwars I don't care about. Then suddenly yesterday there is a few that led aggression to Ahgases, which turns to be from Goldeness again. Then today someone in my GC said she got bullied and the perperator is a Goldeness , again.

Its the repetition that makes me think is there something going on in the fandom or the group that these aggressions somehow pops up again and again.

Me reading this whole mess and trying to understand it..

0CC482E2-569D-4F15-99C8-0C2C5C31C8CD.png

In short, two fandoms was minding their own business talking about their faves but some Goldeness comes in saying the two fandoms are attacking Golden Child. One Goldeness even bullied one member of the other fandom (my friend) and another sent death threats. Which is the usual in the kpop world but this is the first time hearing death threats are given for such stretch.

Talking about Goldeness, Golden Child's fanbase.

Last week I went on IG and a local kpop news said some Goldeness was mad at Aroha. When I look through it some Aroha was actually unsatisfied with some polls (or views as someone in the comments mentions), yet Goldeness who had better views for their fave suddenly took offence and attacked some Aroha. Which I was like uhhh Aroha didn't even talk about you... or they did. Anyway it was cleared to me that this is small fanwar shit no one should care about.

I would have forgot about it but yesterday, some of ness had problems with Got7's ahgases. So apparently JayB went against a Golden Child member Bae Seungmin in Masked Singer and lost. Most ahgases (at least on my part of the bubble) were fine with Seungmin, said he did well all in all. A few then said its a bummer that Masked Kinger gave a duet song that doesn't show JayB's range, and that was the convo until some Goldeness started to attack Ahgases because they think ahgases are attacking Bae Seungmin.

Like what is going on????

Then today from my GC I heard a fellow ahgase have been bullied by a goldeness till she gets really anxious. The ahgases genuine explanation about Masked Singer in a private dm to a goldeness was allegedly shared publicly without her consent and the goldeness even admit she shared it to have a laugh about the poor ahgase with her friends. When she caught her, the Goldeness was sorry but then repeatedly say "I think its funny" despite everything. What is worse after that the ahgase gets death threats from another goldeness.

That is too far. I know reaching happens in kpop but not that far. Is there any Goldeness here who'd like to explain what is going on that tended the aggression of some goldeness?

Can u not be extra ridiculous? I already said I was mistaken. It wasn't what I thought. And even then, the propensity of Kpop fans to delude themselves knows no bounds.

The prospensity of kpop fans to delude themselves knows no boundary. True for many but not all. Don’t simply generalize.

And its not even about Jay B anymore, the ridiculousness you are saying is just me saying, you are responsible for your own reactions towards an art piece.