Posts by Zenning

Yes, I think instead of just mentioning BTS, OP should have mentioned other Groups too. Cause only BP being played was accused of YG media play.

After I posted, I've read some more about the context.

Seems, if I understand it correctly, that the Korean archery team wanted a BTS song to be played if they won, but instead a BP song was played?

So that seems to be the cause of the indignation of some people/netizens/ifans.

I expect RV's album sales will see a huge increase (if SM won't miscalculate and have the albums go 'out of stock' within a day, as they often allow to happen for some of their groups and artists X( ).

But regarding RV's digitals, that depends on the song that's been selected and how SM will promote RV with this comeback.

Although I expect that RV will a see a significant boost in Spotify monthly listeners, like usually happens with comebacks of K-pop groups.

In short your reply is "I don't care". So why did you quote me in the first place? My first reply here was clearly aimed at OP who is trying to start shit. The intentions are clear otherwise OP wouldn't have included BTS here if this thread was only for crying session about hate Blackpink is getting. Is it that difficult to understand?

The way I read it, is that OP wanted to point out the double standard and difference in treatment. You can't point out a double standard or difference while just mentioning 1 group/song, for the comparison you need to mention the other group(s) or song(s).

Other posts in this thread hinted at that this might've been Army (?), but I don't get that from the OP: it might easily have been BP antis or other-group stans too who've been shading BP or YG for the BP songs being used.

I don't know the details or context, but it does seem kinda odd, if BP/YG are getting shaded for BP songs being played at the Olympics while other K-pop groups like BTS (and others) are either praised for their songs being mentioned or left alone. Unless something else is going on.

From what I understand, NCT (Kick It), STAYC (ASAP), Big Bang (BBB), BTS (Butter, PTD), OMG (DDD), Winner (RR) and others have been played aside from BP (LSG, Boombayah).

They doing really good international sm dumbass sent them on 2year hiatus

Well, the reason for their hiatus in the first place was of course SBS' fault with their lazy, inattentive security measures, causing Wendy to drop down about 10 feet and fracturing her jaw, wrist, ribs and hip.

Especially her pelvic injury was one that took a long, long time to fully recover from (and she was still lucky, some other people with a broken hip suffer pains from it for the rest of their lives), the better part of last year.

But yeah, RV performed as a group at the start of this year, so they might've had a comeback earlier this year than just now.

Hopefully the one in August will continue as planned.

Yes, there's no denying Psycho did well. But it's not their most impressive hit (50 weeks of charting in the streaming era is good, not exceptional), which is why I listed Russian Roulette (I consider it their 2nd biggest domestic hit).

I did find some (but only a fraction) of Psycho's achievements:

- group song with the 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝟱 of the Genie chart in 2020.

- 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 song of a group to get 𝘁𝗼𝗽 𝟯 in the 3 main MelON charts (daily, weekly and monthly) in 2020.

- already won 𝗚𝗮𝗼𝗻 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗔𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 December Song of The Year (𝗦𝗢𝗧𝗬)

- 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 girl group song with 𝗠𝗲𝗹𝗢𝗻 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗳 𝗛𝗶𝘁 in 2019

- fastest red velvet song to surpass 𝟭,𝟴𝟬𝟬,𝟬𝟬𝟬 unique listeners on Genie

- idol song with #𝟰 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀 on Genie (taking into account all songs released since 2013)

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

We'll have to agree to disagree about this one, I'm looking at far more than just longevity to see how a song did, and imo Psycho did a lot better across the board than Russian Roulette - even if RR did well too on its own.

Psycho will likely never hit 2.5M downloads and has stopped charting.

The cut off promotion as well as 1.5 year of group inactivity have their impact. Even despite that, Psycho gathered quite some achievements, and broke quite a number of records, RV's own and allround.

It's a shame that the old forum has gotten rid of, it had a Psycho thread with most of the achievements collected, it'd be a real pain in the ass to try and find them all again.

Preferrably you want to use some sort of index, and correction variable , like how inflation and purchasing power are usually calculated on a yearly basis => sry, I mean this is for the top 10/20/100 sum.

I've done it too for a couple of months last year, just like another AKP poster, regarding the Gaon chart totaling. It's some figuring out and tweaking with Excel, but after that it's doable (which is why I was considering it).

Downloads used to be a very reliable source, but since Gaon has been using their own digital algorythm anyway, maybe best to stick to that, and see if any (hidden) changes they have done to it can be spotted and ironed out.

Yes, I’m about to go there. These are songs I’ve seen get praised for their great digital achievements, yet other songs by the same artist or group go ignored for similar or even better results over time.

Overrated: Psycho

Underrated: Russian Roulette

I want to put this one into question.

It purely depends on what you're measuring here, so how narrow or limited was the criterium or scope you used?

Aside from its strong digitals, as in the 2nd best performing gg song in 2020, I've seen Psycho break a huge number of records and gain achievements that I haven't seen Russian Roulette do, nor other a whole lot of other songs that are deemed hits.

In fact, I'd say that Psycho has been underrated: no other song with that huge list of achievements has been trivialized and its performance dismissed and mocked as was done to Psycho by a lot of people on this site last year.

And alle these achievements were gained without promotions, their comeback cut short right from the start and followed up by a 1.5 year long hiatus - all setbacks that have been waved away and trivialized as well by a lot of people, as if those things don't have a negative impact on overall performance of a song.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the one you posted seems to be ULs of songs that are being added everyday, like eg. if song#1 has 500k ULs on day 1 and another 500k on day 2, then they have 1M added ULs. Accumulated seems to be a wrong choice of word here because the ULs on the first day doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a different set of ULs on the 2nd day. OP, on the other hand, is the accumulated ULs of a song since its release. For eg. a song has 500k ULs on its 1st day, then another 500k ULs the 2nd day, but among this 500k ULs, only 40k of that are new ULs. Therefore giving the song 540k accumulated ULs. I hope that makes sense.

Yep you got almost everything right here.

This cumulative unique listener chart can also be useful since it can give us an idea when the song can recieve it's GAON Streaming certificate since GAON only counts one stream per user per platform per day for its streaming certifications.

Melon only gives us Melon daily chart where it shows us ULs of the last 24 hrs. It doesn't give us hourly UL updates. Kpop fans found a way to get updates of top 3 of Melon realtime chart using older version of Melon app.

Yep, I think I got the gist now about the differences, thanks both for your explanation, it clarifies the things that puzzled me.

I'm still wondering how totaling the daily Melon ULs can be used to get a proper indication of GAON's streaming certificates - since GAON looks at all the digital platforms while Melon measures only, well, Melon ULs.

But the rest is clear now.

? The better answer is imo, the 3rd gen still ARE the game: all 3rd gen top 10 groups - that haven't disbanded - are still pretty much active and dominating the scene.

They're even joined by other 3rd gen groups like Brave Girls and Oh My Girl.

BTS, BP, still both #1 across all areas.

TWICE, might have decreased somewhat in Korean digitals, but shown increase in album sales and international digitals.

NCT and Seventeen, strong in album sales and seen growth in popularity.

Red Velvet, even with their long hiatus, their international digitals are top notch, just as their Korean popularity, and individual members have album sales surpassing those of practically all full girl groups :eyebrowsr:

EXO, even with half their members enlisted, individual members are doing impressively and their album sales are still great.

Heck, even other 3rd gen groups like Dreamcatcher, I-dle, Akmu, Mamamoo etc etc are still doing well :wellr:

Unique Listeners is the number of unique users of the platform who have listened to the song.

This "cumulative unique listener" stat is fan made. This shouldn't exist imo because unique listeners cannot be cumulative. They are unique for a reason. But since it does so it should exist under different name like 'streams that are counted towards GAON' or something else that it represents rather than "cumulative unique listeners" which can never be a thing.

I see, that makes sense.

So these accumulated ULs lists that rank in the tens of millions are probably compiled by totaling the daily ULs for each song since release, while the ULs of this thread are the actual unique listeners from the start of a song release, as in people that have listened to a song at least once since its release, while the Melon ULs that are posted and updated hourly on its site are all the people that listened to a song at least once in the last 24 hours.

ULs still confuse me.

What is actually being measured here, the peak number of unique listeners (ULs) per day for a song on Melon?

Seeing how some songs have 5M ULs, does that mean that the peak of ULs was 5-10 times bigger for former songs than for songs this year, where I only see 500-800k as daily ULs for the top songs?

It can't be the accumulated ULs, because if I read this tweet correctly, accumulated ULs are more in the tens of millions:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

True, especially with post 2nd gen groups generally lacking in variety, they would definitely stand out for that. I wonder if that they debuted now, if they would actually change the game and bring back the importance of variety for idols :whatr: Other groups would definitely try to utilize it and compete if another group blew up in variety like that I think

True, variety talents were a really big thing in 2nd gen era and a lot of groups were pretty good at it, which made all the interactions between the various groups and members of different groups really enjoyable to watch (Invincible Youth, Star King etc :D:P ).

But sadly enough, variety as an important aspect along with cross group collaborations declined from 3rd gen hence.