Posts by FoReveries

Would be nice, but somehow I'm doubtful it'll happen.

Most of the activities Hyolyn did, even when they were still a group, were solo career focused, and the impression I got from her even before they disbanded was that that was also the path she was aiming for, a solo career.

Then again, she might do it, for some extra nostalgia clout, who knows.

But regardless, this Queendom season will be interesting :-)

Actually, that's untrue. Eunji got mentioned, even frequently, when discussing vocal rankings and strong vocalists and discussions about them.

But as the years progressed, she got mentioned less and less for the same reason other strong 2nd gen vocalists - and even 3rd gen vocalists - like Taeyeon, Shannon, Luna, Jimin, Solji, Yuju etc etc got mentioned less and less: usually only the vocalists of currently active and popular groups are in people's minds, and as soon as their groups disband or become inactive and their solo activities diminish, all those former vocalists also disappear from the discussions about (currently active) singers.

I feel like most of this has to do with Taeyeon herself, especially since after Spark era, i noticed she started to has that spark in her that make her more involve in music and entertainment scene. She has changed from what she used to, mentally and emotionally. She opens up alot too. It feels so good to finally she her found herself again :pepe-sad:

I noticed it too. Taeyeon has sort of a moody/depressive/sombre streak to her nature - which is why I think she'd do great as a rock star ever since her Devil's Cry performance, but if she would have been a rock star like in the US, that streak would probably have become self-destructive.

And she had that for several years.

But in recent times, her mood has lifted up considerably and she has blossomed and opened up to the point how she was in SNSD's peak years. I could be wrong but my guess is that Taeyeon is a loner and an introvert/homebody by nature and she needs other people to get her out of that mood. In SNSD times that was the other SNSD members, especially when they all lived together and hung out together.

And I get the feeling that in recent times it has been shows like Amazing Saturday and that show's 'family' that pulled her out of it again and livened her up. When you see her in that show, there's hardly any sign of a moody or lethargic Taeyeon at all.

Well, apparently Taeyeon will decide herself what show she'll sing live and where she won't, since she'll appear at Killing Voice, where artists usually sing like 10 or more performance for half an hour straight? (I'm not familiar with Killing Voice, so I could be wrong)

Here's an appetizer, her long chain of Killing Voice performances will be accessible at Feb 22, if I'm correct.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

But if history is any reliable, then no doubt there'll be K-pop fans that will state completely serious that Killing Voice performances were only live in the past and that now, suddenly, now that Taeyeon does it it's fully lipsynced - just like they did with other shows, like Sketchbook where they used the show to 'prove' how great their own biases' live singing was, but as soon as SNSD appeared on the show, suddenly they claimed it was all lipsync...

Red Velvet will make a comeback in March!

mb_1643267994690116.jpg

As a result of the Xports News coverage on the 18th, Red Velvet (Wendy, Irene, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri) confirmed their comeback in March and is in full swing in preparations.

Red Velvet's comeback is the first in 7 months since the promotion of their sixth mini-album 'Queendom', which was released in August of last year. Red Velvet proved their hot popularity by winning first place on domestic and international music charts as well as on various music shows with ‘Queendom’ last year.

source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001411451

original post: here

1. Please we need a full album + repackage!!ㅠㅠㅠ I've been waiting for too longㅠㅠ

2. Crazy this is daebakㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

3. Please a full albumㅠㅠㅠ

4. March will be filled with girl groups: RV, Oh My Girl, Gidle, Brave Girls

5. Because of that one power trip person, they forced the group into self-reflection damn it

6. There's clearly a victim here, meanwhile her self-reflection time was damn short... If the person who tormented me gets to live like that, I'd be so upset

7. Red Velvet's songs are so good so I'm looking forward

8. People who like it will listen to it, the concerned parties have resolved their issues already

9. Every time we get a RV comeback, NCT DREAM is the one who follows after them no?

10. I don't think NCT will come back in the beginning of March, I don't even think they'll make it for March

cr. pannchoa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM Entertainment confirmed the reports, saying, 'Red Velvet is preparing a new album with the goal of releasing it in March. Please give it a lot of interest."

The girl group previously announced a full comeback at the SM Town Live 2022: SMCU Express concert held on January 1. 'I can't wait for the moment to be with the members again this year as a whole,' said Wendy during the New Year's event. Inviting fans to stay tuned, Irene added, 'We'll show you a lot of great activities this year, so please join us.'

The confirmation comes roughly six months after the release of their August 2021 EP Queendom. Lead by the title track of the same name, the six-track EP boasted a variety of genres ranging from dance-pop, R&B, soul and ballad. B-side tracks such as “Pose,” “Knock On Wood,” “Better Be,” “Pushin N’ Pullin” and “Hello, Sunset” showcased the group’s musical versatility and genre-blending approach.

The EP’s lead single, “Queendom” offered listeners strength with its empowering thematic “We are Queens in the red castle/ Don’t need crown, we were born to dazzle.” While summer songs usually steer closer to themes of love, Red Velvet shifted the narrative, focusing the spotlight on the co-existence of sisterhood and individuality.

[Hellokpop & Rolling Stone India]

What's new... :facepalm: hardcore anti/troll Kami posting a netizen article that has nothing but bashing comments of certain groups of fans, calling them bitches, roaches and what else - just like OP did on OH until they got permabanned there...

As for the accusations. I consider all plagiarism accusations preposterous and childish. But it looks like it's perfectly alright on Pann/Nate if some fandoms make plagiarism accusations, but if other fandoms do so they get gangbashed on Pann/Nate? Sure, that makes sense...

Starship did well with Sistar for many years, so I don't see them fail IVE, tbh.

I don't think this will change much anytime soon. Goodluck OP!

Also lol speakin of 2nd gen, I've attended some of those groups' concerts and they were lipsycing there too.

Well, every single group has been caught using lipsync, LAR or loud backtrack from time to time.

It's also not a clean split, as if lipsyncing only started when 3rd gen started.

But there's no doubt that live performances like this, even with strong, stable vocals were far more common and the norm in 2nd gen times than the past years

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I agree, that it probably won't change back anytime soon. But we'll see.

Nice! I'd love to see her perform 20-30 min of all of her songs :lover3:

Knetz crazily in love with Girls Generation Taeyeon's voice in Killing Voice Teaser!

https://www.storykpop.com/2022…n-love-with-girls_18.html

:yesr::yesr::yesr:

She sounds so good already in the teaser! :omgr:

Also, Weekend sorta surprised me, I wasn't aware that the song actually did really, really well. But it still ended up high on Gaon's annual chart and also had great longevity.

Would be nice if all performances were live.

But the reason that choreo, performances and dancing in 3rd and 4th gen are more highly regarded than in 2nd gen, is because if live singing isn't required and loud backtrack and/or lipsyncing is sufficient, more focus can be and has been put on more intense dance performances, since there's no need to pay attention to stamina management and vocal stability, as was more required in 2nd gen times.

Choreo will have to be readjusted to enable frequent live singing in a number of cases - and I guess that training and preparation will have to take things like breath control, vocal stability while dancing etc into account again.