Posts by FoReveries

Unless you're a masochist, I don't think that anyone loves being hated, or that their faves are hated.

I see it more as a way of coping and dealing with hatred. There are several ways to react when confronted with hatred:

1. you can take it in unfiltered, allow it to seep into your soul and your mind until you get depressed and start to hate living, sometimes even to the point of commiting suicide => as you sometimes see happen with high school kids or even celebs and idols when they can't deal with the pain anymore and just want it to end

2. you can fight it => but this will be a neverending battle, because you'll never be able to convince all - or even most - haters to let go, and there will always be more haters, especially if you're a wellknown person

3. you can accept that there'll always be haters as a fact of life, especially when you're successful and popular, and even more so when you get more popular and successful.

I think the third option is what a lot of K-pop fans are following (aside from the 2nd option): they've accepted that there'll always be haters of their biases, no matter what, and that when their biases become (more) successful and popular, there'll also be more haters. In short, they see it as the price of success, or the inevitable downside and consequence of success and popularity.

It's an odd thing to conclude from this that fans love it when their biases get hated a lot.

To me, that sounds like a bullying mechanism or deflection tactic: not only are stans not allowed to defend their biases against hate campaigns or unceasing bashing, as soon as they observe and comment upon the excessive hatred their biases get, they're accused of boasting about it and reveling in it.

This sounds awfully much like how bullies and their followers corner their victims: aside from the fact that they heap loads of misery and hate upon their victims, as soon as their target starts to complain about it, they try to swipe aside all arguments and try to shut up their victim by telling he/she should stop whining and not be such a crybaby, and that they should stop playing the victim.

Of course they can. I'm more shocked about the fact that they aren't the most successful trend for girl groups, since it seems such an easy win.

Sexy as concept has been the prime dominant theme for girl groups and female artists in the US for decades, Pussycat Dolls one of them.

Sexy groups also did well in South Korea, with groups like Sistar.

It stands to reason that with the focus on global popularity and success, the sexy style would be the winner for K-pop groups. Yet somehow it isn't.

My guess is companies haven't been able to figure out how to make it work for their groups, in a way that brings success in both South Korea as internationally.

I thought I'd make another compilation thread :-)

Some recent videos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some achievements

- Red Velvet on Spotify reached 8.2M monthly listeners

- Seulgi & Irene's Monster surpassed 100M streams on Spotify

- Feel My Rhythm sold over 550k albums in Hanteo

External Content twitter.com

And some articles

Elite Daily: Red Velvet Knows ReVe Festival Is More Than A Fantasy

Rolling Stone Korea

Enjoy :-)

I've seen the Red Velvet members talk about Wendy's greasiness before, but it looks like Wendy has taken it to a whole other level :p

I couldn't believe what I was watching when I saw Wendy flirt openly, casually and unashamedly with Eunbi, complimenting her body proportions, praising her beauty, arranging a date with her, stroke her hair

You go, girl! ^^

I just found this one while browsing youtube, I hadn't heard this one yet.

I love her tone of voice so much, ever since her cover of Heize's song in PD48. One of the most underrated main vocalists of the 4th gen.

nayoung is literally perfect but there is something missing about her. i dont know what but her stage presence, vocal, dance, expressions are on point but something is missing about her and i can't figure out why

I don't feel it that way. She wasn't anything special when she was in PD48, and I still don't find her anything special right now. She just doesn't have the impact in center parts like so many other idols of other groups do have.

Even when she's on point, it just doesn't have the impact and power like other idols can bring: compare her with other 4th gen centers and main members like Yuna, Winter/Karina, Wonyoung, Soyeon and it becomes clear that Nayoung just isn't on their level.

And maybe that's the problem with Lightsum, or 1 of the problems: they lack some iconic members that can lift the group up to a higher level, like a Hyuna or Soyeon in Cube's other groups could do.

While some Lightsum members do have that potential: I think Chowon and Sangah could when given the chance - Chowon has a naturally dominant, powerful aura (1 of the best in K-pop) that became apparent even in PD48 that becomes extremely powerful in fiercer, more girl crush concepts.

But then Cube shouldn't give the group generic cute bright concepts, and make better use of the members' strengths.

Because right now, this ain't it.

I don't think that Cube debuted Lightsum too soon. But I think that Cube's just not that good at promoting their groups in the right way.

There's members in Lightsum that fit the girl crush style perfectly (to think that Chowon could've been part of (G)I-dle if that group had debuted later), but instead Cube opted for a generic bright cute concept.

It also feels like they're trying to make Nayoung happen as some center type idol, while she's nowhere near the top center types of other groups, and others in Lightsum like Sangah are far better suited for that role.

All in all Cube just don't have the know-how or resources to make their groups happen, not like other companies are able to.

Already 550k in Hanteo?! Wow, that's amazing!

Really interested to see what their Gaon numbers for April (+ March) will be. A lot of fans still haven't received their albums 🤦‍♀️

FMR was unexpectedly nominated for music bank yesterday because of surprisingly high physical points (music bank uses gaon) - according to this, apparently the points suggest >200k shipments in the past week alone!

It was odd to see Gaon numbers were a lot lower than Hanteo for March, usually it's the other way around.

If the past week had over 200k shipments, then FMR might be at 550-600k right now in Gaon, if not more.

I've always considered visuals part of someone's charm or charisma, looks contribute to it.

If someone's ugly, it's very hard for that person to be considered charming or charismatic by others.

While someone who's very good looking, it's far easier to be considered very charming or charismatic by others when that person makes an effort.

Which is why you'll see very few ugly looking people among successful sales people.

SM cannot prepare 2 millions for any of their groups. NCT albums are always understocked as well. I remember I waited for Resonance albums for 2 months for the first part and ~3 months for the second part. It became better with Sticker and Hot Sauce.

I believe they underestimated RV selling power during this comeback as always X/ And I'm pretty sure they will understock next time as well.

Maybe their album prodaction capacity is limited and they have too many good-selling artists :-)

For real? I didn't know that. SM have been structurally understocking their groups for ages, since 2nd gen times, but I thought seeing the massive numbers NCT groups make that they're in control for some of those releases. But 2-3 months waiting time is stunning.

Seems like other companies have a better handle on selling massive numbers for albums. A better production process? Or maybe they don't structurally understock album releases but are better at predicting how big a stock they need.

I'm not sure if both of them are anywhere near where It girls like Jennie is, and others like Hwasa and Irene at their peak were.

But of these two, Wonyoung is likely doing best.

In Aespa, Winter has more of an It girl vibe, although both Winter and Karina aren't doing badly in terms of popularity.

But even before IVE, Wonyoung has been 1 of the most trending popular idols of the 4th gen for years, practically since PD48.

It's not for nothing she won the PD48 show at 13 years old against massive competition.

500K ✅

Congratulations!!! So happy for Red Velvet! we don’t know Gaon numbers yet, right?

They did?! Red Velvet surpassed the 500k sales in hanteo?! Yay, congrats to them :happyr::omgr::claps:

Gaon numbers are still weird, looks like once again SM severely understocked 1 of their groups' comebacks - only this time it wasn't a hindrance for a number of albums to be sold even when they weren't manufactured yet? :whatr:

I still don't get how SM can prepare for 2 million album sales of some of their groups, yet structurally understock some of their other groups.

Maybe because it isn't just a jewel case, but more complex packaging, the album being a music box format and such? I don't know.

Yes it's finally reached I'm happy for Revel Girls. :pepe-hype:I hope RV's next album sells like this :pepelove2::pepelove2:

Well, the Red Velvet girls said there'd be many more RV comebacks this year, so we'll see :p