Posts by FoReveries

Nah. YG only renewed CL and Dara. Minzy's contract was allowed to expire.

Sorry. But this sounds like just more gaslighting, the same level of gaslighting as all those Blackjacks/YG stans/other K-pop fans did years ago, pretending everything was fine and Minzy perfectly happy and that her solo time would come at YGE.

This is what Minzy had to say herself about her departure:

When she decided to depart 2NE1 and YG Entertainment in 2016, Minzy says it was the first step in figuring out if performing was her true path. “I needed some time to deal with my depression, find my own way and decide if this was something I really wanted to do,” she explains. “It was something I was doing for so long, but it was so hard to maintain. I had to find my own direction, and the only way to do that was by leaving the group and fighting for my own will. I was wondering, ‘What is my life about?'”

But also consider who YG didn't want to renew:

iKON, Minzy, Dara, Bom, Daesung

Not sure about some of the others, but Minzy left by herself as her own choice, and YG was pretty vindictive and petty about it: right after she left he announced 2NE1 would come back soon and have their new album that Summer, after years of hiatus.

From what I saw, they or YG did want her to renew even if only to have this '2NE1 stays as one and will ever be one' image - but they didn't want to make any effort for her to have her own solo debut like CL and BOM, even more, they put her in the dungeon for years.

There were many telltale signs that showed she was unhappy for years before she left (even if some other-member stans did their utmost to gaslight and pretend nothing was wrong X() because of how she was treated by YG so it's not strange she was ready to leave as soon as her contract ended.

Wait. JYP and YG lost all their older artists, none of them are around anymore? :whatk: I thought YG still had some of their 2nd gen artists.

Well, as for the question above, which of them has the worst contract renewal rate for all their artists? Both have had many of their older groups and idols leave, unlike SM, which has more loyal idols (Read: slave contracts).

?( This is a bit too onesided. Super Junior gained their own sublabel over which they have full control in their contract negotiations.

Also, SNSD had members leave without a problem as well as members that stayed and renewed multiple times.

It's also very unbelievable to think that artists like BoA or Kangta (or TVXQ for that matter) are under any slave contract.

So it's clear from all that that it's not a one-size-fits-all situation.

Heh. I can still recall how people here (and elsewhere) tried to gaslight the whole affair and claim their hardest that everything was peachy and nothing wrong and that GFriend wanted to leave themselves X/

Given all the facts I don't think the GFriend have fond memories on how they parted with Source Music nor that they have close ties with the people that still make up Source Music, since most of the people they worked with closest had to depart Source Music as well by necessity.

It'd be odd though if this relational chillness would extend to Le Sserafim: after all, the LSF members aren't to blame for the whole thing.

Hopefully the GFriend members can have normal contact with LSF too, whenever the opportunity comes up.

:joy: :) Welcome to the club :p:smirks:

Red Velvet has that effect. Some of their songs only start to gel after an initial wtf-ery confusion and you've see them perform it live or experience their infectious energy and excitement when they sing it live like at encores, shows like Killing Voice and such.

I even found some of their songs like Zimzalabim and Really Bad Boy to be bangers, after I saw them perform them live :pepe-shades:

I don-t know about you but Karma is consistent, she never fails to come back and bite everyone in the ass.

:wow: I don't believe in karma, not even an inch. I see the rich and corrupt getting even richer and more powerful, and hardly ever getting punished for all their horrid deeds and wreckage they leave behind them. So, no :nob:

... until I get proof that all of them get reincarnated back as grasshoppers or bunnies, then my view might change :pepe-devil:

:/:/

Well, naah, this just sounds like more gaslighting and ignoring the obvious double standards you're using here.

If you enjoy indulging the exact same toxic behaviour that you hated these Big 3 company stans for, then you're basically the same as them - or wanted to do the same as them but were unable to due to the group you initially stanned.

But if you feel otherwise and you're convinced that what you're doing is not the same, then we'll leave it at that.

Also you say that it's about 'company stans', but all the examples you mention are more about 'top tier groups' stans and their bragging and gatekeeping - which was definitely not only done by company stans, and which happened to be Big 3 group stans before that were doing it and which is now replaced by Big 4 group stans doing it.

Anyway, if you're ok with that sort of behavior when you're doing it, then that's fine. I've already said what I thought about it myself, and couldn't add anything more to what I've already said about it. To each their own :wellr:8)

Cube and Kakao are literally both publicly traded companies. They're not exactly the "little man".

FiftyFifty maintaining their momentum and not self destructing due to greedy outside interests would have been an example of a group from a tiny company experiencing incredible success.

Or what Mamamoo did for RBW, for an even easier example.

Well, Starship and Cube are not the Big 3/4, what many people incl. you are always complaining about, about their gatekeeping and dominating/monopolizing the field; so the more companies that have successful, thriving groups the better :-)

The Mid3 can Burn in hell for all I care

Still, I would very much prefer if other companies somehow managed to release top groups. Mid tier companies and groups are getting even harder time to stabilish themselves now. In the past they could carbe a market niche for themselves, now eith even the Mid3 struggling to catchy up with the Big1 I see no chance for the smaller companies

Monopolies are never that good, I agree.

But even in the midst of HYBE launching an entire legion of separate groups and the Big 3 filling up the remaining space, non-Big 4 companies still seem to doing somewhat alright in the top tier area, with Starship and Cube having their own successful and popular groups.

After a literal decade of Big 3 hubris, from the companies themselves and their arrogant company stans, I'm living my best life right now watching them lose relevance, chasing trends and watching a company that was a nobody 10 years ago almost completely dominating the industry today.

Karma's a relaxing thought :pepe-smug:

But isn't that simply you being exactly the same as those company stans, and being just as arrogant, prideful, hateful and toxic as the people you've been complaining about? :/

This is like rebelling and fighting against a tyranny, but afterwards, after the tyrants have been disposed and killed off, only to become the new tyrants themselves: it was never about justice or unfairness, it was just about having the power themselves, to be able to do all the atrocious things they were complaining about before.

Or, to translate: you never really had an issue with those Big 3 stans or their arrogance and toxicity, only with the fact that you didn't have enough ammunition and 'power' to be exactly the same as them.

Also, most fans of Big 3 groups aren't Big 3 company stans themselves and don't really care about the company, just about their own biases and how they're doing :wellr:

... wait, does this mean that all your so called 'praise' threads about your new biases are disingenous and no real praise threads at all, but just you being a toxic success stan - the same as those people you were protesting about? :whatk:

If I recall correctly, the formal talk isn't just used as a formalised show of respect towards elders, senior positions and others in perceived higher hierarchical positions in the circles someone moves in - but it's also used when someone's not that close with someone else and there's an emotional or social distance even if they're the same age.

At least in several Asian countries these 2 separate grounds for formal talk occur.

I've never seen gg stans making an issue over this, though it likely has happened to them too (except Blink, idk if they have done this or not). Every year, some of these bg stans attacking some groups after award shows due to this.

Not sure if this premise is true, I can recall many other times from 2nd gen and onwards where girl idols were scoffed at and bashed for not bowing sufficiently :/