Posts by OldJeans

Literally, every time sth goes wrong, either the song doesn't do well, or the outfits aren't good, or a member gets into a scandal, or the teaser isn't good, everybody blames the company.

But when they do well no one thanks the company, truth is behind every CB there are dozens of people who work together on making everything look good.

Now it's a little bit different with rookies since we know they don't have any freedom when they debut. But grown adult idols, who are grown enough to take accountability for their actions are babied.

Cube is a perfect example. Yes, they did mistakes, no one is denying that. But they also did a really good job with Gidle. How many female idols do you know that produce their group's music? None. Male idols sure but with females, there is only Soyeon. Cube put a lot of trust in Soyeon by allowing her to basically be in charge of all the music from debut. No other company does the same, I am 100% sure there are so many female idols who would love a chance to make their own music but no company will allow that. Twice couldn't even write the lyrics till they were already established and even then with b sides (I might be wrong but idk). If I remember correctly Jennie also worked on SOLO but didn't get credit.

But all everybody talks about with Cube are their mistakes. When Jisoo got into the Snowdrop controversy everybody blamed YG for allowing her to be in the drama, when Jisoo is a grown adult woman who chose to be in that drama. But no it's YGs fault.

Ahh yes, I know that one. Thought her name was spelled differently. I have mixed feelings about that too. On one hand, she gives me bad vibes, on the other is that fair to take it out on the girls? They worked so hard to make their dream come true. For me I think it's best to support them, but speak out of we see anything wrong.

Bruh that’s just sad

Stans are dangerous, no matter what kind. If you are obsessed with something until it becomes your whole identity you will do whatever it takes. Including destroying someone's life. Like the dad lost his job, the person who got doxxed must be traumatized. I would be too if someone hacked my data and exposed my private information. I would never feel safe using the internet again.

Is it gay rights or is it queer baiting? Either way good song

As a member of the LGBTQ community who hates queer baiting with a passion, this isn't it. During the entire MV we don't know who the crush is. She only unveils herself towards the end, and Hanni isn't disgusted or shocked, she smiles and shakes her hand. The same way she would have reacted if she were a boy. Queerbaitng would be if they teased us for the entire video but never delivered. Like Loonas Chuu "Heart attack".

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

thats why the lights flickering in yg, bc all the money going to BLACKPINK MV :pepe-cowboy:

Dont believe it till I see teasers. CL also filmed MVs that never got released.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And they are only 33 weeks old. Please stream After Like August 22nd.

yeonjungahs.tumblr.com - Tumbex

These girls are straight up pissing on the competition.

It’s the way a 2016 debut is being compared to 2022

That’s how you know BLACKPINK IS THE STANDARD

For me it's not about surpassing but following in their footsteps. their debut feels similar as a stan of both groups. I remember when BP debuted, how they went against the grain not only with music but promos as well. how they got my attention immediately, there was just something so captivating. Same with new jeans

at the end of the day it's a set up...cause you had people comparing itzy, aespa, everglow, etc to BP yet to this day none of them can really reach their level of popularity

kpop has peaked i don't see any of these newer groups hitting BTS or even BP level

I don't think kpop has peaked just yet. I think there's time. Also with aespa they are still very new. Also no shade but who the F thought EVERGLOW would top BP? Like fam.

The only time I have ever stanned a group from debut was with Dreamcatcher, and BP. With Twice, I joined during Knock Knock. But with newjeans:

Their whole debut was just a breath of fresh air. I didn't even notice how stale kpop songs have been till I heard attention. It was so different from the kpop formula I'm used to. No shade to it, I love the kpop formula since I consume it so much but this is refreshing. Hype boy and hurt were good too. The dances are so "loose" (its the only word i can think of) We're so used to structured dances that are all sharp movement and synchronization. It's so nice to see sth different.

I am worried about how young they are, the youngest JUST turned 14 (and some of the outfits they wear are iffy.) But at least they're not made to hump the flow like garam and eunchae. Or made open their legs like wonyoung and tzuyu. And before you say "This is how it's always been". Just because this is the way it's always been doesn't mean it is the way it has to be. As a woman, I know what it's like for society to sexualize us from a young age (every girl remembers the first time they were viewed as a sexual object.)

These are KIDS, we know they're being made to diet for their life, and we know their bodies get picked apart in 100 different ways. In a way, I feel like we need to look out for them. I'm not usually protective over idols, not even my bias. I view it as "they're grown and rich". But with these girls, I feel towards them like I feel for my niece. I will punch someone in the face if they so much as order one syllable.

Like it's so weird but they got this auntie hooked. Them + kazuha kpop this year came for my neck.